Map Update Error: Disk Full C:\, but it's not?

I've been a computer engineer for over a decade, trust me, this box is nowhere near unusual or any different from the thousands I've set up.

Plain XP Pro with a NTFS partition, minimum of a gig free on both drives, and nothing more remarkable than that. I tend to doubt it would be giving me a c: full error if it was something wrong with my machine, when I'm not even downloading to c:

The fact that you are a computer engineer makes me even more suspicious that its something "not usual" with your computer.

I'm not saying its broken or something but i to being IT professional turn things on and off that your typical user does not get into.

I bet you a beer that if you did a clean image of xp or whatever your os is you would be able to install with no problem at all.

have you tried installing it on a VM?

I had a similar problem with one 3rd ed update to the recent version of USA/Canada. I got an out of space error.

In tomtomhome the file space looked OK.

There was a hidden directory FILE000 that had 30+ filecheck error files with one over 250M. I deleted then it worked fine. I am going to try the 2M SD card solder to board upgrade.

I had a similar problem with one 3rd ed update to the recent version of USA/Canada. I got an out of space error.

In tomtomhome the file space looked OK.

There was a hidden directory FILE000 that had 30+ filecheck error files with one over 250M. I deleted then it worked fine. I am going to try the 2M SD card solder to board upgrade.

You have to be careful about what you delete and what you don't. The .chk extension does indeed lost file chains in Windows BUT the unit runs under Linux and, as such, various .chk files are NOT lost chains but, rather, vital files necessary for the correct operation of the unit & its software.

Found.000 Hidden Directory on Memory Card

Thanks for the info dhn.

The directory is named found.000. After deleting files from it has not been populated with any new files yet. I wonder it is some temporary directory for map updates?

DVD upgrade worked fine, and TomTom Home is still a piece of shit spitting out errors for anything imagineable. This system isn't any more far from default than an average user would do and the only program I've had a problem with is Home.

the "disk full c:\" thing happened to me, but i had about 800 megs of free space.. so i emptied my recycle bin and got 3 gigs. worked fine after that. :)

I fixed it on my PC eventually.

I had 700meg free on c drive didn't work, I deleted stuff so I had 2.5gig free on c, didn't work. I moved all the working directories over to e which has 45gig free, still didn't work.

Had to keep deleting stuff from c drive 'til I had over 10gig free before it would work. That's quite ridiculous, and Tomtom really should fix it, but it does now work fine!! :D

I had the same problem with updating my Tom and I did some googling and found this

http://www.makayama.com/tomtom250engfaq.html

Now, granted all I was trying to do was d/l map shares and the GPS QuickFix and I don't have or use the 'Media Studio for TomTom' (I'd never even heard of the ap before) but after repeated 'Disk Full" errors AND knowing for a fact that I had 13Mb of room on my SD and 3.96 GBs free on my main hard drive.......I freed up some space on my Mac's HD to give me 4.11GBs free space and no more error message! My QuickFix and Mapshares D/L-ed and updated just fine.

Go figure.

Maybe, for some freaky reason, you need 4Gbs free on your 'temp' disk (or C Drive) for the updates to pass through or Home won't even try to d/l and update? Seems like a huge amount of leeway to me.

Ask a Question