Map Questions

I know this may seem really elementary, but I can't get a confirmation on the official Tom Tom site. But if I buy the full USA map, do I get the same updates I would get if I bought a section of the US, say the US Southeastern Region, or US Midwest Region? Also, is there anyway to see if an area is on a map before I buy it? I bought my Tom Tom about a month ago, and the system says my map is three quarters old. I do a lot of traveling in both the New England and Mid Atlantic Region and The Southeast Region, so I want to make sure I would get updates for both those regions if I buy the full USA map.

I know this may seem really elementary, but I can't get a confirmation on the official Tom Tom site. But if I buy the full USA map, do I get the same updates I would get if I bought a section of the US, say the US Southeastern Region, or US Midwest Region? Also, is there anyway to see if an area is on a map before I buy it? I bought my Tom Tom about a month ago, and the system says my map is three quarters old. I do a lot of traveling in both the New England and Mid Atlantic Region and The Southeast Region, so I want to make sure I would get updates for both those regions if I buy the full USA map.

I would think that the only way to keep up to date is to buy the north american maps By far the map service for $50 is the best buy but their is a cost to get your tomtom up to date. Quarterly updates after the initial download is really the best. All the areas above are included in the North Amerian update with the full map. Buy sections will cost much more in the long run.

All Tomtom maps released in a quarter contain the same roads. You just pay for how big or small geography you want.

So everything in the Southeast map will be identical to what you'd see for that region in the USA map, USA&Canada map, or North America map. As long as the map version number is the same (eg the may 09 version was map 830)

Some maps have better points of interest than others, the North America map (non-2GB version) and the USA/Canada/Mexico map have the best POIs

Ask a Question