New to MapShare - Few questions on usage

TomTom Model(s)
I bought my device a few months ago, but just started using map share. I have read the manual as well as Tomtom's FAQ's and a few blogs including this one. I am confused about a few options and I was hoping someone can clarify?

- Can I add a new road and will I see it on my device right away?
- Will my device now recognize this as a new road and route me based on the new road?
- If I share the changes with everyone, can everyone see it? Can I share it with my family, assuming they have a TomTom w/ mapshare?
- Will all of my changes be available on my device immediately?
- How often can I update/download changes / updates
- How do I know what I am downloading?
- How often does Tomtom provide validated changes via mapshare
- how many unvalidated changes in these updates
- I am trying to see what changes have occurred in my neighborhood, cant find the option to view this?

Thanks in Advance!

You cant actually add streets, etc. You can report missing streets, etc. You can add POI's, or edit them. If you go to your Map Corrections icon on your Rider2, you will see the options. Select your correction pref's and what types of corrections you want to download. If you select Correct a map error, you will see what type of corrections you can actually make.

If there are streets you want to actually have added, or change overpasses, etc, you would select Report other errors and it gets sent to TT. As TomTom doesnt actually make the maps, who knows if/or when your actual changes are rolled into any new map versions.

MapShare updates apparently will only occur once a week now, not sure what day that will actually be. Others will then be able to recieve any changes you have made. Changes you make on your device are there immediatly. After making changes, go to HOME and back up your device.

I selected all the choices in the correction and download preferences. Because I live in Canada, I figured that some corrections may only be reported by "some", so chose all of the boxes.

Cheers

Ask a Question