Latest Map Guarantee questions

This subject may have come up before with different schools of thought. If one has a new map coming via the ?latest map guarantee? and didn?t download it, would he be eligible for the new 7.25 or 8.10 map. Some say no because it?s beyond 30 days and others have said it didn?t count if you haven?t downloaded it. Short of calling TT customer service, has anyone had any experience or thoughts along these lines.
Thanks...

Unless you have one of those written 1 year guarantee forms, you are probably out of luck if it is after 30 days. If you have downloaded anything or not will not matter.

Unless you have one of those written 1 year guarantee forms, you are probably out of luck if it is after 30 days. If you have downloaded anything or not will not matter.
----------------------------------------------------
First I heard of the 1 year guarantee form... How did one qualify for that? It was wishfull thinking on my part but I do remember someone saying you could get the latest upgrade.

The one year forms came in some boxes of units purchased from a few vendors - were probably a mistake. If you did not get one, you will not be able to now. The default guarantee term is only 30 days.

If it is more then 30 days for you, I think you are out of luck.

Note - if Home wanted to download a map previously (probably 720), see if it still wants to - it might still be in the queue for your account. If you have map 710 and it lets you download 720 - you still get a newer map.

Also, if you have never set up and logged onto Home (or registered your unit directly on the TomTom website) or did so less then 30 days ago, Home would count the day you set it up on Home as the assumed date you got it, so you might still get a 725 or even 810 if this is the case.

This subject may have come up before with different schools of thought. If one has a new map coming via the ?latest map guarantee? and didn?t download it, would he be eligible for the new 7.25 or 8.10 map. Some say no because it?s beyond 30 days and others have said it didn?t count if you haven?t downloaded it. Short of calling TT customer service, has anyone had any experience or thoughts along these lines.
Thanks...

yeah, i think the 30 days starts from when you officially activate the tomtom. if it's still in the box, then you might be able to pull it off - if you've activated it and just haven't downloaded the maps yet, then i'm not sure.

Ask a Question