XL2 IQ Routes edition (Europe 42) and latest map guarantee

I've just bougt one of these to replace my old PDA version. I was sold on the fact that I would get seamless cross Europe navigation and the latest maps guarantee.

I was very annoyed, to say the least, to find that if I update to the latest map I'd end up having one split into zones - if this had been made clear I wouldn't have bought one.

I spent a good hour on the phone today to an entirely obstructive customer services who just kept on repeating that they had a way to allow me to install two of the zones from the updated map, suitable for just one example journey I had, which not a compromise I'm prepared to accept considering what the product's description leads one to expect. They were actually shocked that I don't have a laptop to carry arround just so as I can switch zones when needed. They did stop just short of suggesting I bought one just so their product would suit the purpose I bought it for.

Is there any way of forcing the updated maps into the "limited" space on this device?

Thanks,

Ant

Welcome to TTF.

If you bought a version '2' model, you have the simplified 'EasyMenu'. Further there is no expansion slot on your unit to even consider getting all four zones downloaded at once.

Some with models with card slots have found a workaround to get the entire thing....perhaps a 750 or find a 730 or 930 (out of production) somewhere. Then, maybe............

I've just bougt one of these to replace my old PDA version. I was sold on the fact that I would get seamless cross Europe navigation and the latest maps guarantee.

I was very annoyed, to say the least, to find that if I update to the latest map I'd end up having one split into zones - if this had been made clear I wouldn't have bought one.

I spent a good hour on the phone today to an entirely obstructive customer services who just kept on repeating that they had a way to allow me to install two of the zones from the updated map, suitable for just one example journey I had, which not a compromise I'm prepared to accept considering what the product's description leads one to expect. They were actually shocked that I don't have a laptop to carry arround just so as I can switch zones when needed. They did stop just short of suggesting I bought one just so their product would suit the purpose I bought it for.

Is there any way of forcing the updated maps into the "limited" space on this device?

Thanks,

Ant

The same thing happened to me with the Map update service.
I finally threatened them with the Small claims court and they gave in.
Give that a try to get your money back.
Explain that the device has been made fundamentally different to the product bought as part of that purchase was the map guarantee. If you then use that guarantee you cannot fully navigate Europe as you could before.
I ranted about cutomers buying the XL and experiencing this problem. I suggested they call it Partial European cover, they suggested I installed the old map!
Very infuriating but risk the ?25, the Goverment has a Gateway to assist with claiming. They need to be taken to court so others can get a refund.

Ask a Question