Latest Map Guarantee - me too

TomTom Model(s)
825 europe live go
I see conflicting information on the Tom Tom website which says the Map Guarantee is valid for 30 days but is also it is valid 90 days. If there are frequent updates, would it be advisable to wait until near to expiry (er is that 30 or 90 days) so my "free upadte" is the most recent one ?

Also, I cannot sese how much the "pay for" Map Update Service costs. I assume that it is cheaper to buy a new Satnav every 2-3 years ?

I believe the newer devices such as yours have a 90 day window for the LMG BUT you best check by calling UK support: 0845 161 0009 or 020 7387 5444 because 895 is due about a month from now but may be a few days over 30 days.

Thank you.

After checking today, I found that my Tom Tom 825 Go LIve Europe was loaded with a map date of April 2011 v890-4221 so I downloaded Europe Maps v890-4237 today 16JUL12 and the "latest" map date is April 2012.

In addition, whilst I reckon an annual 12 month update for the next 12 months, at GBP74, is excessive, I have signed up because for my new Tom Tom, the cost is reduced to £37. It seems that Tom Tom do not sell a lifetime map update service. Paying £37 saves a whole load of hassle trying to get answers from Tom Tom.

I got nowhere trying to phone Tom Tom.

Thank you for replying.

? An April 2011 map wouldn't have been 890. Perhaps 870?

Yes, unfortunately, their lifetime map offers aren't good in the EU. For whatever reason, they treat us better here in North America.

Ask a Question