Map Help

TomTom Model(s)
GO-910
Ok, before my 910 crapped out I went to the European store and bought the 710 map for North America. After installation I copied the North_America folder to my hard drive. I have the original file I downloaded and the installed folder.

I just got the 910 back with the 6.5 map. When I try to upgrade the map, home won't let me because of device incompatibility. It sees it on my hard drive but I can't click on "Add."

I copied the installed folder to the TT but it won't recognize it. I'm guessing I need some kind of configuration file in the root directory. Does anyone know a way to get this installed? Or does anyone with 710 installed on the 910 have the correct file I need? Thanks!

Ok, before my 910 crapped out I went to the European store and bought the 710 map for North America. After installation I copied the North_America folder to my hard drive. I have the original file I downloaded and the installed folder.

I just got the 910 back with the 6.5 map. When I try to upgrade the map, home won't let me because of device incompatibility. It sees it on my hard drive but I can't click on "Add."

I copied the installed folder to the TT but it won't recognize it. I'm guessing I need some kind of configuration file in the root directory. Does anyone know a way to get this installed? Or does anyone with 710 installed on the 910 have the correct file I need? Thanks!

what is the version of your Navcore software? I think I remember seeing that version 6x only works with 6x maps while 7x works with 7x maps.

what is the version of your Navcore software? I think I remember seeing that version 6x only works with 6x maps while 7x works with 7x maps.
I have 7.162 of Navcore. I'm trying to get the map v 665.1293 upgraded to the more recent (710) map software I've bought.

So you have a new 910 with a different device ID? If that is the case, you are probably going to have to contact TT Support because when you downloaded the map, it was downloaded for your previous 910 with a different ID. You will probably need to email them the receipt to prove that you purchased a new map/TT910.
(This is what I've read before on the forum - I've not downloaded any maps myself, so if this turns out to be incorrect, my apologies.)

So you have a new 910 with a different device ID? If that is the case, you are probably going to have to contact TT Support because when you downloaded the map, it was downloaded for your previous 910 with a different ID. You will probably need to email them the receipt to prove that you purchased a new map/TT910.
(This is what I've read before on the forum - I've not downloaded any maps myself, so if this turns out to be incorrect, my apologies.)

Thank you! I've just submitted a support question and included the PDF invoice that was emailed to me when I bought it.

It was the device ID. TomTom reset my account and let me download the map again. Everything is working now! Thanks!

Ask a Question