Lost Maps

I have a TT One v2 , i logged on a few days ago to be told there was a vital upgrade, i clicked to upgrade and lost the everything maps the lot, i have contacted TT help which is uninspiring, can you help?

Regards

Mike

Let's start with the focal question here...

Have you ever backed up your unit with Home or by using your O.S. to copy your files to disk, or did you take advantage of the Latest Map Guarantee when you bought your unit, or have you ever purchased a map upgrade --- ANY of those things such that you MIGHT have a copy of your map files on your PC? If so, we can put you back on the road.

Unfortunately i have not backed for a few years, i have not bought maps, i just accepted their upgrades and now regret having done so, the support from TT is abysmal.

hope you can help

mie

Unfortunately i have not backed for a few years, i have not bought maps, i just accepted their upgrades and now regret having done so, the support from TT is abysmal.

hope you can help

mie
If you have not updated your maps over those years, "a few years" isn't going to hurt a thing, providing you've still got the PC used for the backup. Did you use Home to do the backup? If so, fire up Home, and see what the content is on your computer.

Alternately, look in My Documents / TomTom / HOME / Backups / GO

If there is a backup folder there, then your maps are probably there and intact for use.

If we can't find your maps on your PC, and given their age, you will probably have to buy new maps.

TT One v2

Hi

Thanks for your help, i found a back up and followed your instructions, unfortunately the device will not let me backup or restore, a message appears that saying the device does not support that function.

Hope you can help

Mike

Ask a Question