live services product question

reading the product info for the 950, I must assume that the SIM card that is needed to access the GPRS delivered live services is within the 950 unit rather than connecting it to my mobile phone (which I used to do ages ago with the first Tom Toms). If I travel in Europe, the unit purchased in the UK, does that SIM card actually roam or will it stop working? How can there be a fixed cost for the Live services while the cost of roaming is variable and depends how long I will be out of the UK? Am I missing something? Also, how does the 950 cmbine HD Traffic, Traffic and TMC? is it smooth? does it come out of the box?

thanks

The 950 is supplied with roaming enabled so you will get your Live services in mainland Europe as long as you are in a country that supports the system, not all countries are included though, you can check which ones will work on the TomTom web site.
With a Live device you can only use Live HD Traffic or RDS-TMC it isn't possible to use the GPRS traffic system via your phone, with the 950 you need to be using the RDS-TMC equipped accessory dock, the device will automatically default to RDS-TMC if you enter a country without Live services, your Live subscription expires or you are in a location devoid of a mobile phone signal. When you re-enter a country offering Live services the device will automatically default back to the better Live service.

As for cost, the roaming service is included in the flat fee that you pay per month, there is no additional charge to use the service outside of the country of purchase - Mike

Ask a Question