Just got a tomtom one but i miss two features

yes sir i got the suntime installed on my tomtom and have the garbled screen now i exited the application per the instructions now i have the tomtom hooked back to the computer and i am looking for the text file to edit to clear the screen but i cannot find it anywhere can you tell me where to look inside my tomtom.:confused:

Great, that's means you are almost there.

If you plug your TomTom into your PC and you browse the files using Windows Explorer, look in the /suntime folder that is on your TomTom.

In this folder, you should see the following files:
config.txt
deutsch.lng
english.lng
francais.lng
suntime

If you open up the config.txt using WORDPAD, my file contains the following:
[Begin parameters]
language english.lng
period 60
gmtoffset -5
twilight yes
verbose normal
screenadaptation rider2
[End parameters]

If you don't have a config.txt file, simply create one with the above information that is in my file. I'm starting to recall that maybe I needed to create a config.txt file from scratch as well.

Last edited:
birdman i need some help in my attemps to get suntime to work i can no longer switch between my custom menu and my original menu with menutt please help :confused:

ok b-man i got the menus back and have that part working i coppied your config txt into wordpad and placed it into the suntime folder on my device but i still have the garbled screen. from what im reading this should have fixed it but im still garbled any further instructions you have would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for all your help up to this point

ok b-man i got the menus back and have that part working i coppied your config txt into wordpad and placed it into the suntime folder on my device but i still have the garbled screen. from what im reading this should have fixed it but im still garbled any further instructions you have would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for all your help up to this point

You may need to save that file in UNIX format. See my instructions in Q11 on the following page:
>>> TomTom FAQs <<<

This definitely should fix it (the rider2 option fixes that).

If that doesn't work:
Try following the original instructions by clicking the icon and closing out the program. After you do that, then double-check the config.txt file you created on your TomTom to make sure nothing changed in it (specifically the rider2 option). Then try to open the program again.

You may need to save that file in UNIX format. See my instructions in Q11 on the following page:
>>> TomTom FAQs <<<

This definitely should fix it (the rider2 option fixes that).

If that doesn't work:
Try following the original instructions by clicking the icon and closing out the program. After you do that, then double-check the config.txt file you created on your TomTom to make sure nothing changed in it (specifically the rider2 option). Then try to open the program again.

i have done all of this and i still have the garbled screen :eek:

shoud i look any deeper into the suntime main program file :confused:

i also dont see the suntime icon in the tomtom default menu is that normal or coould that be the problem. i see it in the menu i created.

Last edited:
i have done all of this and i still have the garbled screen :eek:

shoud i look any deeper into the suntime main program file :confused:

i also dont see the suntime icon in the tomtom default menu is that normal or coould that be the problem. i see it in the menu i created.

I think you need to start over.

I just uninstalled Suntime, downloaded the files from the website, reinstalled the application, went through all the steps and I don't have a garbled screen and I get the little "starting suntime" flashing icon to show up in the right corner of the screen when I boot the TomTom.

1) Uninstall Suntime. Delete all of the following files:
suntime_files.gif

The only other file you'll need to delete is the config.txt file you created and placed in the /suntime

2) Follow my instructions in Q13 >>> HERE <<< to install suntime

3) Once installed, safely remove the TomTom from the computer

4) Run Suntime....you get a garbled screen....click on lower left of screen

5) reconnect your TomTom to the PC. I, too, did NOT have a config.txt file show up. Therefore, I copied my old config.txt file. You can download my version >>> HERE <<< (be sure to to Right Click and SAVE FILE AS or SAVE LINK AS) and simply copy this into your /suntime folder on your TomTom

6) Safely unplug your TomTom and try running Suntime again. ( Be sure to hit the HIDE button when you are done in Suntime to keep it running in the background)

To test if it is working, simply change the colors to NIGHT if you are testing this during the day or to DAY if you are testing this during the night and in 60 seconds the colors should revert to the correct color scheme
I suspect there is still something wrong with your original config.txt file.

Last edited:
I think you need to start over.

I just uninstalled Suntime, downloaded the files from the website, reinstalled the application, went through all the steps and I don't have a garbled screen and I get the little "starting suntime" flashing icon to show up in the right corner of the screen when I boot the TomTom.

1) Uninstall Suntime. Delete all of the following files:
suntime_files.gif

The only other file you'll need to delete is the config.txt file you created and placed in the /suntime

2) Follow my instructions in Q13 >>> HERE <<< to install suntime

3) Once installed, safely remove the TomTom from the computer

4) Run Suntime....you get a garbled screen....click on lower left of screen

5) reconnect your TomTom to the PC. I, too, did NOT have a config.txt file show up. Therefore, I copied my old config.txt file. You can download my version >>> HERE <<< (be sure to to Right Click and SAVE FILE AS or SAVE LINK AS) and simply copy this into your /suntime folder on your TomTom

6) Safely unplug your TomTom and try running Suntime again. ( Be sure to hit the HIDE button when you are done in Suntime to keep it running in the background)

To test if it is working, simply change the colors to NIGHT if you are testing this during the day or to DAY if you are testing this during the night and in 60 seconds the colors should revert to the correct color scheme
I suspect there is still something wrong with your original config.txt file.

that did it im not sure what i did differently but it is working now. the only problem i have now is when i switch from my custom menu back to the tomtom default menu with the menutt program i dont see the suntime icon in my main menu. this is not a big deal since i can swith back and forth easily but just curious why it isnt there.

thanks for all your help now if i just get the media player to work so i can listen to music and watch videos i will be set but i am going to wait a few days for all this info to soak in.

again thanks for all your help you are the man :)

that did it im not sure what i did differently but it is working now. the only problem i have now is when i switch from my custom menu back to the tomtom default menu with the menutt program i dont see the suntime icon in my main menu. this is not a big deal since i can swith back and forth easily but just curious why it isnt there.

thanks for all your help now if i just get the media player to work so i can listen to music and watch videos i will be set but i am going to wait a few days for all this info to soak in.

again thanks for all your help you are the man :)

Excellent! Glad we got that working for you...you'll like it, it is a pretty neat program.

As far as the operation of the MenuTT program, that is EXACTLY the way it should work. When you revert back to the TomTom's default menu, the only icons that will show up are the default ones.

Ask a Question