TomTom Map got worse?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 620
For people who live in Philadelphia area and use TomTom (Map 840, 850, 855) They should notice that there is a section of the road that was correct but after the map 850 update it got wrong
The location is at the intersection of N Broad St and Vine St
The broad street does intersect with vine street, but somehow, tomtom make it a bridge and go over it.
(You can google it and see what I mean, it suppose to intersect with vine street, then cross the highway 676, then intersect with vine street on the other side)

So, my point is, how does tomtom make a map wrong while the previous map was right? I just don't understand

For people who live in Philadelphia area and use TomTom (Map 840, 850, 855) They should notice that there is a section of the road that was correct but after the map 850 update it got wrong
The location is at the intersection of N Broad St and Vine St
The broad street does intersect with vine street, but somehow, tomtom make it a bridge and go over it.
(You can google it and see what I mean, it suppose to intersect with vine street, then cross the highway 676, then intersect with vine street on the other side)

So, my point is, how does tomtom make a map wrong while the previous map was right? I just don't understand

just wondering what you set mapshare updates to .Do you accept Tomtom only or to lesser secure like most or some.

Not to hijack the topic, but here in Montreal the 855 map also seems to have gotten worse.2

There seems to be LESS IQ Routes data than before, it constantly routes me through Sherbrooke St. (because it thinks the speed limit is higher) while the 850 map used to avoid that street because of the trafic... I bought a 540M to replace my One because I was tired of getting routed into traffic downtown, but now with the 855 map it's back to not knowing anything.

I really don't understand what they are doing with their product, it seems as if nobody there actually knows/cares about what they are doing anymore. The TTS on the 540 in French is PATHETIC, do they even test their products?! They put out buggy products, they have the least up-to-date maps and they actually get WORSE instead of improving... It's as if they are just going through the motions towards extinction, not expecting any repeat business...

IQ routing on the 855 probablt has historical data showing that the speed on Sherbrooke is faster than an alternate route, despite the traffic.

So, try the routing with IQ routing disabled and see where it takes you.

just wondering what you set mapshare updates to .Do you accept Tomtom only or to lesser secure like most or some.

My map share setting is at the lowest, so it accept everyone's mapshare
but it is not about the map share, it is tomtom who turn a normal intersection into a bridge that go over the road

I just found another place in Philadelphia that a correct street goes wrong.
Go to google map and search for 39.962998,-75.176927
This road does go into the rotary(John B Kelly Dr as google map call) but tomtom shows that it can only turn right into Art Museum Dr
If you zoom into the location where I was talking about in TomTom, you will see what I mean

For people who live in Philadelphia and use TomTom, can you please use mapshare to submit the problem roads listed here? The more people who submit it, the faster it will be correct. Thanks

Ask a Question