Is this just a N/A Map issue

TomTom Model(s)
Go-920 App 9.465 Map N A 895.4438 C&W Europe 8.30 Magellan Explorist 710
I posted this on the Uk site but then got thinking it might just be a North America map issue.

Although I don't use my TT everyday I thought I would try it out yesterday after all the installing and uninstalling of app & maps etc. etc.
I have tried in the past month.

I was taking a short trip yesterday about 60 KL so I thought I would take my tt for a test drive and while taking it to my destination on a major HWY it wanted to take me off the HWY at one exit and then straight ahead and back on the the same hwy that I was on ?

This happened to me before ( three or four times ) while I was on a trip to NL in September

This would make a very long trip if it did this at every 10th exit or so and I would think you would soon want to trash your unit:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, saw your post there. Certainly have been posts here of similar situation. What if you set the option to remove mapshares by everyone from map and try a demo of the route again. If it works properly, maybe there are faulty mapshares in play here.

Yeah, saw your post there. Certainly have been posts here of similar situation. What if you set the option to remove mapshares by everyone from map and try a demo of the route again. If it works properly, maybe there are faulty mapshares in play here.

That could be worth a try I have my mapshare settings to high so hopefully I wouldn't get any misleading mapshare information ??

Follow up :

I just tried that,,, same thing.

If you like try it ,, go from Kentville NS to Digby NS and then just browse by image.

Last edited:
I see the same thing occasionally in the Halifax area. It might be due to having the unit set to "shortest distance". Then even while driving on a major highway, a long curve to the left or right might make the unit go up the ramp and back down the other side.

I'm not sure of the above, but I see the problem occasionally. next time it happens I'll make a point of checking my routing settings.

I just called TT support and she tried it and the same thing happened ,, she said it was a map issue and that I could report in mapshare ( Other ) and that tt will correct it in future maps.

Last edited:
Then it sounds like you are doing everything exactly right.

It's tough to be patient (I know :) but Tele Atlas is actually making significant strides with the user-submitted data like you are contributing.

http://radar.oreilly.com/2008/10/tele-atlass-community-and-map.html

Your best bet is to keep submitting corrections, and watch Google Maps as a rough early-indicator of map changes that will be coming to new versions of TomTom maps.

btw, did you know that you can "edit" (or correct) maps on Google Maps too? They go to the same map maker (Tele Atlas), so I'd check there too to see how their maps send you.

I think the error is where Sunset Drive intersects with highway 101. If you use mapshare to correct turn restrictions here it shows that you can't make any turns or even go straight on. I just submitted this via mapshare and mapinsight.

I believe it is a problem of the app installed on your devices
On my, the 920, when I was using the 8.010
it did the same thing, exit the highway and go back on
but after I upgrade to 8.30
the problem seems gone

but a side note
8.30 have a lot of problems

Ask a Question