Is there a new TomTom Rider?

Although i’ve only just purchased my rider, anyone know if TomTom are bringing out a new version of the rider this year.

Hi BoomBoomUK
There has been speculation about this for some time, but no concrete evidence. There has been an on going issue with the bike dock for the Rider 2nd Edition, and there was some evidence that TomTom was removing the dock from stock ( you couldn't purchase one from TomTom) and that an improved design was to be introduced, but nothing about the Rider its self.
Enjoy using your new Rider .... I certainly find it an extremely useful navigation device when riding abroad.

PC

To be honest, it wouldnt surprise me if TT completely drops the Rider. I love my R2 and have had basically no problems with it, however it would seem that Garmin has the market cornered and they have updated and provided several models of the Zumo. I would suppose there is a limited market for "bike" only GPS's and lots of riders are just using car GPS units (although I dont know how long they last).

Just my 0.02 worth.

Cheers!

ps: consider putting your specs into a signature line, just so other members know whats what when you post a question.

Ask a Question