Ipod with Rider 2?

Hi - new to the forum and researching TomToms after being very impressed with one I saw this weekend.

I would use the GPS mainly on my motorcycle, and for those long rides I also like my music playing. Looking online, I don't believe rider 2 allows the iPod to connect to it (like some of the automotive GPS units)...does anyone have any suggestions or am I stuck with choosing between music or Bluetooth on the motorbike?

It would be nice to tie in my phone as well as music through the supplied headset.

Open to suggestions...

Thanks
Jonathan

Last edited:
Well, you can tie in the phone, but unless your phone throws MP3 music through the BT connection to your headset, no luck.

The Rider when mounted has ZERO inputs. It's completely sealed at that point, so no way to interface an Ipod.

Thanks for the reply Thom.

I use a work supplied phone and it wasn't spec'd to play MP3's...imagine that!:)

I am now looking into one of the automotive units and a watertight RAM case and mount for the bike. The units aren't as glove friendly but the remote fob might be OK.

Thanks again.

Jonathan

What if you were looking for a solution in the wrong place?
Allow me to suggest you a different angle.

I have an I-Pod shuffle (1GB, over 8 hours of music, plenty!), a TT Rider one-soon-to-be-two and my phone is a Treo-soon-to-be-Palm755.
The hub of this all is my Nolan 102 N-Com.
With this helmet I can answer the phone AND listen to music AND communicate with wiffy behind me.
I decided not to pair it with the TTR BTooth, but I'd rather reading the instruction than hearing them. Just me, I guess.
Go and check the Nolan web site and see if you like it.
Not cheap, trust me, but well worth it.
Ciao.

P.S. no, I don't get a commission if you buy it.
I should :eek:

The new Parrot SK4000 helmet headset just came out. It will pair with 10 Bluetooth devices. However I have yet to get it to pair with the TTR2. I will be calling into tech support today to find out the deal. I need to make a quick run to Radio Shack for a charger. As of right now I have the SK4000 paired with my phone (HTC) T-Mobile Wing, and a Insignia Pilot MP3 player. The quality of the sound blows away that of the Cardo Scala unit supplied, and the also the Scala FM unit I have upgraded to prior.
Tom

http://www.parrot.com
pack_sk4000.jpg

Just a quick update, it appears that I did get the TTR2 to communicate to the SK4000, but dumb me, I left the SK4000 on all night and it needs to charge up now. Give me a day or two and I'll be able to tell you how it is going.
Tom

Ask a Question