Installing new map, no sd card

I have a tomtom one 3rd edition, and I got a new map file. (inside the file are some dat files, meta and pna file)
I don't have an sd card or even an sd card slot. basically, I'm wondering how i would go about installing the map files on my tomtom. I tried to use ttgps center, but i couldn't delete the current map file to make enough room for the new map file. I'm brand new to gps hacks but I have hacked other things before, including my wii and phone.

Stick to using TomTom Home to purchase and install your maps, you won't find any advice on this forum with respect to hacked maps or how to install them - Mike

I am a complete newbie to TomTom, owning a NZ "one" series 30. This has a preloaded nz map.

If I download one for Austrlia am I likley to clobber the NZ one or can they coexist on the one device.?

Alternatively is it possible to store both on my PC and install the correct one prior to a trip?

cheers

Your NZ map is about 26 megs and the Oz map is about 101 megs. So the Aussie map should fit on your unit along with the NZ map and you can switch maps by 'Manage Maps'-->Switch maps and select the one you need at the time.

That said, to play safe, before purchasing the Aussie map, make an Explorer, not home, backup of your unit's contents.

Also, if worse should come to worse, you can indeed move the NZ mapfolder to your computer if there is a space problem and then install the Aussie map. Then copy the Australia map folder to the computer and copy back your NZ map to the unit.

However, as I said, that last part should not be necessary.

Ask a Question