I'm lost - can't get my VIA620 registered/recognized

TomTom Model(s)
XXL & VIA620
Hi, I am totally lost. Yesterday, I purchased the TomTom Via620 device. I had the TomTom Home Program already installed for my existing XXL device, which it still recognizes, but now is inactive. After I downloaded MyDrive Connect for my VIA620 device, it failed to link with the new device, and I was asked to link the new device with the existing TomTom Home account (which is fine, as I am not using the old XXL anymore). This linking then failed several times, advising me to try later. I tried to download TomTom Home and My Drive Connect again, thinking I could uninstall the original download. Only the MyDrive Connect program stated it was modified. In desperation I opened up a second account/new email address, and tried to link that to my device, no go. I even installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. I wonder – with the MyDrive Connect program (18 items) showing up in my program files, why can’t I click the icon and get a response/window popping up, it is inactive. I am using Windows 7. Hoping to get some advise from you. Thanks.

Ask a Question