Route planning for tom tom 335 I'm lost!!!

TomTom Model(s)
I got a tom tom 335 and mount for my bike. I was told that I could plan my own route on the computer using a map program. I downloaded the tomtom home but it will not let me move the route around. I want to tkae a bunch of fm roads but I can't get anything to change.

Thanks

Robert

Hi Robert,

Welcome to TomTomForum.

TomTom Home is a program that lets you update your device, not a mapping program. You can map out your own route using "itinerary planning" just through TomTom itself. To do that...Tap screen
  • right arrow
  • Itinerary planing
  • follow the prompts
You can also connect your TomTom to the computer and via HOME (operate my device) do the same thing as above. The difference is using a mouse is easier. Then save the itinerary and safely disconnect the device (tools pull down) before unplugging.

Or... for a scenic route (avoiding highways) you can go here:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~eelcov/itgen/

There's a help menu in the lower right corner to help you get started.

I was told that I could plan my own route on the computer using a map program.
Certain of the XL335 models don't support itinerary planning at all (there are the XL335S, M, T, TM = OK, and XL335SE, LE and LM = not OK). So before we go any further, which 335 do you own?

I can't find that itenerary planning button. I think that it's an LE
The LE has no support for itinerary planning (it's one of the dreaded EasyMenu units), and I don't recall that the "tweaked menu" approach that we reference in the following link can add it back, either, but worth a look -> https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom...ow-get-more-menu-options-models-easymenu.html but it will give you some other good functionality that you may be missing even after a firmware upgrade.

So basically this unit is useless? I got it to use on motorcycle trips. Is there a fairly inexpensive unit that will let me plot my own routes?

So basically this unit is useless? I got it to use on motorcycle trips. Is there a fairly inexpensive unit that will let me plot my own routes?

You might be able to pick up an older refurbished GO serries like a 720 or 920. A lot of these refurbished units are just like new and you should be able to get one for $100 - $150

@Canderson, That worked like a champ. It added the option for itenerary planning plus several other options.

Thanks a ton.

Robert

Ask a Question