Tom Tom XXL 550T Help Planning Route Manually

If you mean an Itinerary, then the 550 doesn't have that built in.

BUT.......

You can add a custom directory that adds that functionality (and more). See here:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136159

To confussing to start with, I just need a route to the city I'm going to to my destination..I know how to get to Indianapolis I just need to get from there to other side of the city,Thanks

Unless I'm misunderstanding your problem, it should be pretty straightforward.

If you just go to "Navigate to..." the next screen (actually 2 screens) should give you a list of options, such as "Home" "point on map", "address" etc.

Choosing "Address" should then give you options of "City Center", "City + Street" etc.

The exact choices you get depend on the country you are in - in the UK I also get the choice of postcode which you won't have, but you will have a small icon in the top right to choose a State, which I won't get.

So if you have a full address where you want to go to, just select the full address option and enter town and street when asked, or if you want to go to a city centre, select that option instead.
In both cases, tap the state icon first if the address is in a a different one.

Hope that helps. If I've got completely the wrong end of the stick, just reply and try to explain your exact need in a different way.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your problem, it should be pretty straightforward.

If you just go to "Navigate to..." the next screen (actually 2 screens) should give you a list of options, such as "Home" "point on map", "address" etc.

Choosing "Address" should then give you options of "City Center", "City + Street" etc.

The exact choices you get depend on the country you are in - in the UK I also get the choice of postcode which you won't have, but you will have a small icon in the top right to choose a State, which I won't get.

So if you have a full address where you want to go to, just select the full address option and enter town and street when asked, or if you want to go to a city centre, select that option instead.
In both cases, tap the state icon first if the address is in a a different one.

Hope that helps. If I've got completely the wrong end of the stick, just reply and try to explain your exact need in a different way.

Thanks for the reply...I know how to get a route to my destination but I wanted a different route to avoid a traffic spot and couldn't get it to give it to me...I knew mostly how to get there but needed help after I got off the interstate 465 around Indianapolis..Thanks,again...Bob

If you are trying to avoid a traffic issue that you know is ahead, use the Navigate to again, then change the route with "Avoid part of route" or "Avoid roadblock". The former removes entire sections from your route, and the latter routes around problems ahead at a specific distance from your location.

If you are trying to avoid a traffic issue that you know is ahead, use the Navigate to again, then change the route with "Avoid part of route" or "Avoid roadblock". The former removes entire sections from your route, and the latter routes around problems ahead at a specific distance from your location.

Thank you..

Ask a Question