I'm lost

My wife gave me a 720 last November for my birthday. It has the U.S./Canada map pre-loaded. When I mouse over the map on Home, it says version 705. When I go to the "purchase maps" section of the online store, I can't tell what version is for sale. Do I have an old map? How do you know what version is in the store?

Also, how do I know if Map Share corrections are downloading? I have never seen anything pop up about downloading corrections when I connect my device to my Mac.

Nevermind

I decided to give up using Home on my mac, and downloaded it on my PC. The software is much more intuitive on the PC than it is on the mac. It was obvious how to use my map update guarantee, which downloaded the newest version of the map, and it told me that I had some ungodly number of map corrections that needed to be downloaded. Of course, for some reason, the map corrections won't download right now, but I assume that's probably some problem with the TomTom servers currently.

My wife gave me a 720 last November for my birthday. It has the U.S./Canada map pre-loaded. When I mouse over the map on Home, it says version 705. When I go to the "purchase maps" section of the online store, I can't tell what version is for sale. Do I have an old map? How do you know what version is in the store?

Also, how do I know if Map Share corrections are downloading? I have never seen anything pop up about downloading corrections when I connect my device to my Mac.

The new map is version 720. When in Home click the add maps. All maps avalable for the 720 will show on the screen. Don't give up on using Home. Home is useful for firmware updates as well as other items of interest. i spoke to someone who has owned a Garmin for 6-7 years and has not done a thing to it-talk about an old map!!! Home is not difficult to use- you just need to famiiarize yourself with it. as far as mapsharing- I am not sure. I have not upgraded to a workable map. i still have 665 map.

Ask a Question