I will never order another TomTom product again.

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
#1. I ordered the new maps back in late December. In early Jan I called TomTom customer support to check on the status of my order. After waiting on hold for over 90 minutes the rep I talked to could not find my order in the system and told me to place a new one.

#2 I placed a new order and in about 10 days I received my new maps. Upon opening the package I discovered that the CD was cracked and not usable. I called TomTom support (a 60 minute wait this time). The rep told me he could not help me with this issue and to submit a support ticket through the TomTom website.

#3 I submitted a support request through the TomTom website (Incident:070123-000256). After about a week I tried to look in the myTomTom area on the website to see the status of my request but is in not listed at all. I tried calling TomTom support again but now instead of being stuck on hold forever I cannot reach anyone at all. I have been trying for 3 days now to reach someone but no matter which option number I choose on the support line I get one of two errors, either a fast busy signal or an "all circuits are busy" message.

I love my TomTom but due to the total lack of customer service I will NEVER purchase another TomTom related product. I participate in 2-3 car shows and charity events every month and the Fallen Heroes Car is seen by 10,000+ people monthly. I am asked by hundreds of people every month how I like my TomTom. From now on I will no longer be recommending any of TomTom's products and it will be replaced next month with a Garmin navigation unit.

The complete lack of customer support in the U.S. is terrible.

Last edited:
I have had a few beefs with TomTom support, but for the most part, they were taken care of. I had found the US customer service better then going through the website - I think that is offshore.

If you currently can not get through and/or are not taken care of, this would represent a worrisome event.

I really hate to hear this, and I'm sorry for your frustrations! While I personally have never had an issue with support, there are plenty of people on this forum who have. I hope TT is listening...

Good luck to you!

I just tried calling the support line again. For the first time in 3 days after I choose option #2 (for my 910) The line starts ringing... HOORAY!

Then when someone answers I get the recording "Sorry but our support line is currently closed). aaaauuugggghhhh..

I am finished with 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chances trying to work with the U.S. based customer support.

I will not go on about why I go out of my way to help out my Country's Veterans... it's too long a story.

However FallenHerosCar, I will do this for you if you would like. If you can prove to me that you have a valid activation card that came with your Maps DVD, I will host my DVD for download. I believe this would be perfectly legal, and the only reason TomTom doesn't do it is bandwith issues.

Let me know if you'd like to proceed. I feel for you, and I respect and admire what you are trying to do with the car and your website. "Pro Troops!"

Last edited:
Great idea, battom! I don't see any problem with it either, as long as FallenHeroesCar has a valid activation code.

I just wish I could get this uploaded quicker... Or I had thought of it sooner..
Once up, it wil stay up for anyone with a valid activation number to download.

YOU MUST PROVE YOU HAVE A VAILID ACTIVATION NUMBER IN ORDER TO GET THE LINK.

You can PM me for details on how to prove it.

I too have had problems contacting support. But I guess a 15 - 30 minute hold cant kill me. They do handle the issues eventually. I had a bad dock on my 910, Called TOMTOM, they said they would ship one out ASAP. After three weeks, I called back and they said they closed the ticket since I didnt respond via. email. Whatever... So again they said it would be shipped. It came a few days later! Life goes on, its all about the product, I rarely require support! So TomTom still has my love!

I just wish I could get this uploaded quicker... Or I had thought of it sooner..
Once up, it wil stay up for anyone with a valid activation number to download.

YOU MUST PROVE YOU HAVE A VAILID ACTIVATION NUMBER IN ORDER TO GET THE LINK.

You can PM me for details on how to prove it.

Thanks for trying Batton but the maps will not install on the 910 without the source CD. Oh well, thanks for trying. I guess it's a new Garmin next month for me.

:)

I think he knows what an .iso file is, let's hope this works. I want this to work out for you!

Ask a Question