I will never order another TomTom product again.

Let's get Nextourer taken care of already, too. :)

I would if he/she/it/they/them would ever come back online!!

If what I gave FHC in PM works then I will upload the entire DVD, right now it just has North America up there...

but I am confident so uploading may commense right now!

After much work tonight editing .toc files and such I have given up on getting this to work. I will be stopping by the store at lunch tomorrow to purchase a Garmin nav. If anyone wants to buy a 2 month old go910 let me know (PM me with your offer) otherwise it will be put up for sale on eBay this weekend.

I just don't have time to be doing what TomTom support should have been doing in the first place.

Thanks for all your help tonight battom, too bad we could not get it working.

Sorry to see you go... my first attempt was bound to have a few issues to resolve though.

I'll work on it. ;)

After much work tonight editing .toc files and such I have given up on getting this to work. I will be stopping by the store at lunch tomorrow to purchase a Garmin nav. If anyone wants to buy a 2 month old go910 let me know (PM me with your offer) otherwise it will be put up for sale on eBay this weekend.

I just don't have time to be doing what TomTom support should have been doing in the first place.

Thanks for all your help tonight battom, too bad we could not get it working.

My bad... I discovered a corrupt cab file during upload. That was the problem. If you are willing to try again let me know... Just here to help!

Don't Retreat!

FHC...where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu?

you were the first, but you weren't the last! it's working! Come back!

you can't tweak a Garmin like you can a TomTom....

There was nothing wrong with you rdevice was there? Just waiting for an upgrade ike the rest of us... I tried to HELP. :(

i feel bad you left... <sniffle> somebody got a tissue?

I can attest to the fact that you simply cannot tweak a Garmin like you can a Tomtom. Plus, you'll be amazed at how much you miss the little POI icons on the map while driving. Garmin doesn't have this.

Last edited:
:eek: You go both ways???

Edit cuz I can see how this can be taken. I meant it NOT the way you are probably thinking.

Yep, I've had the Garmin Nuvi for longer than my TT. I bought the ONE b/c I found a great price and wanted to give TT another chance (had a 700 a year or so ago but the maps weren't great.) With the new maps, I'd say TT has made a HUGE step in catching up to Navteq.

That and I'm a GPS freak, and since I do literally travel weekly, I must have the best maps out there! Before these new maps, Garmin had the best maps in the US. Now, like I said before, I use my ONE almost exclusively!

:eek: You go both ways???

Edit cuz I can see how this can be taken. I meant it NOT the way you are probably thinking.
lol. Reminds me of Russell Peters and "Toronto Directions"

He's talking about asking for directions and he's imitating the action as if he's on the phone receiving the directions from some old lady

"You get off the Gardiner (pronounced like gart-ner)" <confused look>
"You turn onto Leslie" <even more confused look>
"Then you end up in John" <huh?>
"that's right, John goes both ways!" <does that "whoa" facial expression>

Good citizenship battom. Just finished reading this thread and sorry to hear that a TT user just could not get through to support. I have had some issues but they always come through, although a little slow sometimes.

can you get me tickets to the next race? :D Bristol is my favorite... my world stops when they race at bristol, day or night... my wife hates it. though she'd go with me to the track...THAt she loves. go fast turn left does nothing for her on TV

TomTom support is not-existent. This website is the only source of support I get and I'm very thankful for that.

I think it's been over a month since I've sent an email to TomTom asking for help (irrelevant now). I also think I called three-four times, waited 20+ min and still NEVER once was I able to talk to a customer rep.

That's the bad stuff. The good part - it's a pretty reliable product + their website is usually pretty good.

Ask a Question