I see the new 8.15 map is avaiable for download

I just got off the line with TomTom Support who said that 8.15 still does NOT include ALG for Canada :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's just bull poop... I am returning this device immediately since im still in my 30 day window with radio shack and getting another 720. I JUST got this 810 last week which is totally unfair..

Edit : Nevermind, just phoned in tech support and they helped me out :)

Edit again : Ok, I spoke too soon. I typed the original edit while tech support put me on hold while he was setting me up for a new map. Well when he finally came back he said that the request for him wasn't approved. So, time to return this 720, get refunded, and buy another. It's only been 13 days since I bought this sheesh.. I only downloaded 810 because I was under the assumption from other people here that the newer maps wouldn't be released till later this year...

Last edited:
I just got off the line with TomTom Support who said that 8.15 still does NOT include ALG for Canada :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ithink it will take some time before TT has the ALG working everywhere including Canada.
So I guess Patience is a virtue in this case ;)

I will be off line for a bit,, It is just about 11,11,11 here.
Take Time To Remember!!!

wowww, they release that fast?
v8.10 was released in mid-September, I think and now there is already v8.15 on the market.

Was on line 3 times this AM regarding new Map .

They added both C/W Europe & N/A to my account but when I go to Home for update I have a message in red saying these items can't be installed on your device. :confused:

The maps they put in my account are also different size than what is available when I click on map updates
go figure.

Last edited:
Version 815 Maps Out!

Checked out TomTom today and found 815 Maps out already. Downloading my free maps right now! Just thought I would pass on the news, enjoy

I have Navcore 8.3 on my device.

I tried to use the LMG link and it is saying I already have the latest map. Currently I only have 810 maps though.

WOW, and you people say email support sucks?!?!?!!? Every single time I've emailed TomTom I always got a response back within 1 day. I phoned TomTom an hour ago for map 815, they denied. I then (once again as usual) wrote a firm email to TomTom after the call explaining my dissapointment, and within 15 minutes got this reply!!

Dear Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support regarding the latest map guarantee. My name is Jessie. We are always happy to help.

Upon further review we have placed the 8.15 maps into your account. To install these maps you can follow the link below:

If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Jessie
TomTom Customer Support

I have Navcore 8.3 on my device.

I tried to use the LMG link and it is saying I already have the latest map. Currently I only have 810 maps though.

If your are still under map guarantee you may have to call TT support.

If your map guarantee time limit has expired you will have to buy the new map if you wan't it.

*sigh* ok so the map is waiting for me in the Home software, but like someone else said, right under the map name and info it says in red letters "This map cannot be installed on your device."

Did I just persuade TomTom to send me a map that was never really meant for my device? or am I doing something wrong? There's PLENTY of space on my SD card. It doesn't even give me any messages except that it cannot be installed... uhh..

If your are still under map guarantee you may have to call TT support.

If your map guarantee time limit has expired you will have to buy the new map if you wan't it.

Well I just called them. They tell me that the LMG can only be used once. When I got my unit about 2 weeks ago, I used the LMG to update from the 805 maps to the 810. Now despite the fact I'm still in the 30 days, the TomTom tech support person told me I can't use LMG to get 815.

To those with the new map. Is it confirmed the IQ routes now uses 24/7 data rather than the Weekend/Weekday model? Has anyone seen any improvement on the new maps?

Well I just called them. They tell me that the LMG can only be used once. When I got my unit about 2 weeks ago, I used the LMG to update from the 805 maps to the 810. Now despite the fact I'm still in the 30 days, the TomTom tech support person told me I can't use LMG to get 815.

To those with the new map. Is it confirmed the IQ routes now uses 24/7 data rather than the Weekend/Weekday model? Has anyone seen any improvement on the new maps?

I was in your situation too. I too got my map 810 from TT 2 weeks ago, but I got them to give me 815 anyways or I would return/exchange the device and get a new LMG anyways. So, I now (and another user) have map 815 waiting for us in our accounts, but can't use them. Here's the message on the second screen

doesntwork.jpg

Checked out TomTom today and found 815 Maps out already. Downloading my free maps right now! Just thought I would pass on the news, enjoy

There is already another thread on this, and I just got 815 added to my account for free, but can't install it for some reason. Someone else is having the same problem.

doesntwork.jpg

North America_2GB for the GO 720 is 1551.5 MB.
North America for the GO 920 is 1691.6 MB. (notice the missing 2GB)

Looks like they gave you the wrong maps. They did that to me once so I called them back and they immediately fixed it. I'd call them if I were you.

North America_2GB for the GO 720 is 1551.5 MB.
North America for the GO 920 is 1691.6 MB. (notice the missing 2GB)

Looks like they gave you the wrong maps. They did that to me once so I called them back and they immediately fixed it. I'd call them if I were you.

Just spent 30 min with them on the phone. They have to escalate the issue and will be getting back to me. I also asked why the map is smaller than my 810 map, and they said because the map is a re-written complete different format. They reloaded the map over and over to my account and it's a nogo. It's also not just me who has this issue. TomTom once again releasing without testing.

Ask a Question