I see the new 8.15 map is avaiable for download

Sage......here is a workaround for the loss of fm transmission by Mike Elder of the Pocket GPS World forum in the UK:

The answer to the problem is to dual boot the device with 8.010 on the SD card (which will alow the full use of the FM TX for all functons, but you lose out on IQ2 assuming you have the newer v815 map) and the newer 8.3 release on the internal memory, take the SD card out to use IQ2 or put it in to use the FM TX - Mike

I see no motivation for Canadians to purchase 8.15 if they have 8.10.

I can't disagree with you there but if one can get it for free why not :D

I hapen to be one of the lucky ones with the one year map guarantee.

Foot Note:

( for those of you that might not know there was a very short time frame that the 920 was offered with a one year map guarantee as a promotion.)

Last edited:
I hapen to be one of the lucky ones with the one year map guarantee.

Foot Note:

( for those of you that might not know there was a very short time frame that the 920 was offered with a one year map guarantee as a promotion.)

I happen to be one of those "Give me a new map/guarantee or you DIE!" type of people.

Nah, I'm not really like that, but I was very upset when only 13 days after I downloaded my "shiney new" (to me) 810 map using LMG, a newer one comes out! fdjhfkdsfhd!!! That's how I got my 815.

I was in your situation too. I too got my map 810 from TT 2 weeks ago, but I got them to give me 815 anyways or I would return/exchange the device and get a new LMG anyways. So, I now (and another user) have map 815 waiting for us in our accounts, but can't use them. Here's the message on the second screen

doesntwork.jpg

I've had this problem before with a previous map. It seems they have placed the wrong version into your account.

So you said, we must have NC8.300 installed before able to install v8.15 map???

Another question, why v8.15 map (1.69GB) is less than v8.10 map (1.92GB)??? Lite version vs. Full version?

Last edited:
I've had this problem before with a previous map. It seems they have placed the wrong version into your account.

That's not the issue because they switched me to the 2G anyways and still doesn't work. And since they had me delete my 810 map off of my PC and TT, now both maps are available for download.

nope.jpg

^^^After the rep removed and reloaded the map^^^

nope3.jpg

^^^2G 815 which does NOT work^^^

nope2.jpg

^^^ The 810 that WILL download and work, yet now for some reason don't say 2G^^

It's not a map version issue. I have 2G 815 and it doesn't work.

Edit : Wait a minute... Read the description for map 810.... It seems like they switched the numbers?

I know the tech mentioned he tried renaming stuff but... err.. I dunno

Can anyone do me a favor and see what your description says for your 2G 810 map please? I have some rep points in my pocket for you :)

Last edited:
Apparently only 8.3 takes advantage of the new IQ (2) 24/7 routing info in map 8.15; also, one member got a reply from TT that they're using a new compression algorithm in the new maps to make them smaller.

May be true, may be a bunch of hooey and that they've REALLY stripped out more detail to make these maps fit internal memory.

Apparently only 8.3 takes advantage of the new IQ (2) 24/7 routing info in map 8.15; also, one member got a reply from TT that they're using a new compression algorithm in the new maps to make them smaller.

May be true, may be a bunch of hooey and that they've REALLY stripped out more detail to make these maps fit internal memory.

I have 8.3 installed, and am I that member?

I don't remember.......were you? :D

It would be interesting to know the BUILD and size values for both the 720 and 920 8.15 maps.

Below is the v8.15 with 1691.xx MB
doesntwork.jpg

Below is the v8.15 (2GB version) with 1629.xx MB
nope3.jpg

So, the 2GB version is the Lite version????

Thanks for that....Unfortunately, Home doesn't show the BUILD associated with each map. I think there's something going on, there ..........

Just go to this thread and see the newer pictures I posted (last page).. Something's very screwy.. Read the descriptions too...

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=12601

Edit : I just realized both pictures piano used were mine.. lol.. I was like "those look just like mine"

The reason I say go to the other thread is because things changed a bit after speaking to the rep.

Edit againnnnn : Ohh nevermind.. you did post both 815 maps, which BOTH don't work for me... Tech support escalated the issue and is working on it. Man, since I have the space, I'll request that they please send me the NA map without the 2G again :) What happened first by the pictures you can see is that they sent me the non-2G map, oops, so then they reloaded 815 but the 2G this time, and it still doesn't work. And NOW, my 810 map which WILL install on my device, doesn't have the 2G... WHAT THE HECK? And go to the other thread and read the description on my 810 map. Does your 810 map description say the same too?

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion, sag
At first, I directly quoted one of yours and intended to add another of your image but I thought I might freak you out since it is a modified post, not your original so I decided to remove the quote :)

Anyway, mine v810.1907 is 192x.xx MB

Sorry for the confusion, sag
At first, I directly quoted one of yours and intended to add another of your image but I thought I might freak you out since it is a modified post, not your original so I decided to remove the quote :)

Anyway, mine v810.1907 is 192x.xx MB

What does the description say though? After hitting "more info"

In the Home software that is. I think either through "items on my computer" or "items on my go"

they're using a new compression algorithm in the new maps to make them smaller.

Thinking you are 100% correct there dhn

EDIT

dump1924061001.jpg

Haven't had much road time with 8.300 but what i'm seeing..... i'm liking

Best part is moving street name in upper screen-- makes better overall use of screens real estate.

Deffinatly seeing a quicker sat fix and appears to be snappier

Must of had a "senior" moment...... stuck my 8.300 opinion in the wrong thread

Last edited:
Nooo lol.. I'm talking about map description. Like when in the Home software you click "Add maps" and you see your NA map there, you can click "more info" to read the description. It's in my pics a few posts up. And as far as the size being smaller on the newer maps, is because (from what the rep told me this morning over the phone) the maps were completely re-written. dhn just happened to change my words around a bit to something much better sounding. I like dhn's description of what I said better :)

Go go super mod!

because (from what the rep told me this morning over the phone) the maps were completely re-written.

There are some very good folks answering the phone up there.....but, don't always assume the answer you get is indeed the gospel.

There is NO WAY the maps were re-written

Looks like the problem is that they're still giving you the maps for the 920 instead of the 720 which your sig says you have. Maybe I'm wrong but it sure seems like it to me.

Ask a Question