I see the new 8.15 map is avaiable for download

One thing I did find out is that there are different
8.30 apps
and they told me to delete my 8.30 app and DL & reinstall new version (08111-005264), which I did.

Did they tell you to also delete the 8.3 download in Home
" Download" folder before attempting to re-download and reinstall 8.3 ? Otherwise, I believe, it will simply reinstall the original downloaded file.

When I reinstalled 8.01 a few weeks ago, they had me delete the download of it before attempting ro reinstall it.

no they didn't but I did anyway

So did they extend your free maps ??, mine doesn't run out untill Feb 02/09 so if they extend it a bit I might receive 2-3 free maps ??? :)

Are you responding to GAW or me? Ohh and, since you have 815 map now for your 920, Would it be possible if you could post or upload both POI files somewhere or send them directly to me so I can test them out on my 815 map on my 720? I want to be sure that we can still share POI databases. Not only that, weird thing is that the 920 NA map is not much bigger at all then the NA_2G map I received. They must seriously be using better compression, or something else.. I dunno..

What size are your poi.dat and crpoi.dat files? Can you pweeeeeze send them to me or upload them somewhere? +rep points for you!!! Here are my sizes

pois.jpg

These are the poi files for NA_2G map 815 for the GO 720

I really don't see the need to make NA and NA_2G maps if they are both much smaller compared to older maps like 810. The regular NA map would fit perfectly on a 720... :(

Edit : I keep forgetting I'm using a 4GB sdhc card. I have 1.77GB used (OS+map and everything) on the SD card and exactly 2.0 GB free.

Last edited:
Uhm..... I decided to look at my version screen closer and just noticed this :eek:

whattt.jpg

Here's a pic with my digi cam in case you don't believe me.. and screw it.. was too lazy to blurt out the device number..

P5180077.jpg

Last edited:
sorry sage, I answered to post at the same time.
I am not sure how to do a screenshot like you just did. and I can't fine a poi.dat or crpoi.dat . I can find a poi folder but it is nothing close to the size of your folder.
I to have a 4GB sdhc card with just w/c europe & guam maps on it.

buy the way if you can tell me where to find these folders and how to send them I will gladly do for you.

I'm not even gonna suggest ...... I do NOT want to be responsible for your getting a fit :eek:

But, why does the time in your screenshot show about 5 hours ahead?

I'm not even gonna suggest ...... I do NOT want to be responsible for your getting a fit :eek:

picky picky picky,,,lol

I am showing the correct time here, it is now 5:54 PM here.

Don't forget we are on Atlantic time here 1 hr ahead of you in TO but in 3 weeks we will be in Florida so we will be one hr behind you as we will be in Panama City Beach for the winter and that is CT zone :D

sorry sage, I answered to post at the same time.
I am not sure how to do a screenshot like you just did. and I can't fine a poi.dat or crpoi.dat . I can find a poi folder but it is nothing close to the size of your folder.
I to have a 4GB sdhc card with just w/c europe & guam maps on it.

More learning curve for you, Garcor ...... :p

Use Explorer and create a folder in the root of your unit (internal, not sd card) called 'screen' (all lower case, no quotes). Now, create (using Notepad) a text file called capture with absolutely NOTHING in it and save it in the screen folder. Make sure it is called capture, not capture.txt. If there is an extension, remove it using Explorer.

NOTE: You also want to make sure extensions for known file types are showing, otherwise you may actually have saved it as capture.txt but it'll appear as capture. So, how do you do this? Control Panel-->Folder Options-->Click View tab, advanced, and check the option accordingly.

Ok, so now what do you do? Any time you want to capture what is currently showing on screen, tap the top left corner of the screen. You will hear a sound like a camera shutter and a .jpg file with a weird name will be in the screen folder. That's it!

Now........you asked about finding the .dat files. They are both in your NA map folder (I guess on internal memory in your case). Again, use Explorer. Highlight one of the .dat files. Right click and on the new menu, choose 'properties'.

You'll see the information required.

(my fingers are tired .....:eek: )

The first screen shot was from Home. For whatever reason Home is always hours off. I have tried setting the time in there but I can't.

I can't explain why I have map 835 either :(

More learning curve for you, Garcor ...... :p

Use Explorer and create a folder in the root of your unit (internal, not sd card) called 'screen' (all lower case, no quotes). Now, create (using Notepad) a text file called capture with absolutely NOTHING in it and save it in the screen folder. Make sure it is called capture, not capture.txt. If there is an extension, remove it using Explorer.

NOTE: You also want to make sure extensions for known file types are showing, otherwise you may actually have saved it as capture.txt but it'll appear as capture. So, how do you do this? Control Panel-->Folder Options-->Click View tab, advanced, and check the option accordingly.

Ok, so now what do you do? Any time you want to capture what is currently showing on screen, tap the top left corner of the screen. You will hear a sound like a camera shutter and a .jpg file with a weird name will be in the screen folder. That's it!

Now........you asked about finding the .dat files. They are both in your NA map folder (I guess on internal memory in your case). Again, use Explorer. Highlight one of the .dat files. Right click and on the new menu, choose 'properties'.

You'll see the information required.

(my fingers are tired .....:eek: )

I tried what you said and I think I followed everything correctly but I couldn't get it to take a picture when I clicked on top left of screen.

However I have free program that I downloaded some time ago that does the same thing called Howies Quick Screen Capture and can be downloaded from this site.
http://www.howiesfunware.com/

The only thing is i have to upload it to photobucket , resize it and then link it ot this thred.

I don't know if ther is a quicker, easier, way.

but here goes.

picture012.jpg

picture011.jpg

I tried what you said and I think I followed everything correctly but I couldn't get it to take a picture when I clicked on top left of screen.

However I have free program that I downloaded some time ago that does the same thing called Howies Quick Screen Capture and can be downloaded from this site.
http://www.howiesfunware.com/

The only thing is i have to upload it to photobucket , resize it and then link it ot this thred.

I don't know if ther is a quicker, easier, way.

but here goes.

picture012.jpg

picture011.jpg

Whoaaaa you have the nice database!!! Would you be able to upload it to megaupload.com pretty please!!?? I'm drooling! Mine sucks so bad.

Im curious to know how they told u to delete the application.

Actualty they didn't tell me how but I guess it was partly my fault as I didn't ask.

I realy went about it a a very long round about way I used exolorer backed up everything and formated my unit.
I then started home and D/L & installed new 8.30 App.

I then D/L NA map 8.30 Moved it out of the unit, then D/L C/W EU andmoved it with explorer over to 4GB SD card then moved my NA map back to internal.

They put both maps in my internal map folder instead of NA for Internal & C/W Eu for starage sd card. ( in the past say 8.10 maps they put one in each for downloading)

I emailed TomTom Support yesterday and I downloaded my new map last night. Now I have IQ routes 2 on my 920.
I haven't played with the internal POIs yet but I need to make some more corrections on it using Mapshare.

I emailed TomTom Support yesterday and I downloaded my new map last night. Now I have IQ routes 2 on my 920.
I haven't played with the internal POIs yet but I need to make some more corrections on it using Mapshare.

Pendro Can you tell me the size of the NA map they gave you ?
The reason I ask is I think they put the wrong verson of map in my File .

I don't see IQ Routing 2 all it says is IQ routing or is there a way to tell the difference ?

I just got off the line with TomTom Support who said that 8.15 still does NOT include ALG for Canada :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I called today and the tech went away for a few minutes to get more info; came back and told me that there is limited ALG in Canada but not in my area ie not in Toronto. :eek:

Take that with a grain of salt.

Ask a Question