How to update to 8.010 for TT920

I updated my 920 last evening and will be trying out functionality this afternoon. I noticed an icon for Lane Guidance but can't find out where I can obtain a new map to support this feature (or how much it will cost). Can someone point me in the right direction.

Also, would anyone have insight how I can change the sound when I receive an incoming call from my paired cell phone? I've been thru sound preference, and mobile phone options, but can't find out how to change the ring tone on the 920.

TIA.

I updated my 920 last evening and will be trying out functionality this afternoon. I noticed an icon for Lane Guidance but can't find out where I can obtain a new map to support this feature (or how much it will cost). Can someone point me in the right direction.

Also, would anyone have insight how I can change the sound when I receive an incoming call from my paired cell phone? I've been thru sound preference, and mobile phone options, but can't find out how to change the ring tone on the 920.

TIA.

Regarding the map. You need a version 8 map to see these features and, as yet, none are available for x20 users. There is some feeeling that the new ones will be available sometime after August 1st.

Regarding the map. You need a version 8 map to see these features and, as yet, none are available for x20 users. There is some feeeling that the new ones will be available sometime after August 1st.

You can get a version 8 map if you go to the "map shop" at www.tomtom.com and state that you have a TT x30. Then you'll be offered and can purchase a version 8 map. I'm in Scandinavia and have a GO 520. I've upgraded this with Navcore8 and purchased Western Europe map version 8.05 (using above method). In effect, then, I now have a GO 530 with the new features such as Lane Assist and IQRoutes.

I should think the same method can be used also in the US.

You can get a version 8 map if you go to the "map shop" at www.tomtom.com and state that you have a TT x30. Then you'll be offered and can purchase a version 8 map. I'm in Scandinavia and have a GO 520. I've upgraded this with Navcore8 and purchased Western Europe map version 8.05 (using above method). In effect, then, I now have a GO 530 with the new features such as Lane Assist and IQRoutes.

I should think the same method can be used also in the US.

Is this with the original (and quickly pulled) 8.010 firmware release for the x20 series, or with the re-released version? The reason I'm asking is it wouldn't surprise me if they (TT) specifically changed something to prevent users from doing this.

I haven't tested this but there should be no difference between the original 8.010 and the new 8.010 software/firmware being offered. It would actually be a violation of ISO standards to change something without changing its version identifier. So I don't think there's a difference, but you never know...

Anyone have some data on this?

I haven't tested this but there should be no difference between the original 8.010 and the new 8.010 software/firmware being offered. It would actually be a violation of ISO standards to change something without changing its version identifier. So I don't think there's a difference, but you never know...

Anyone have some data on this?
When I spoke to TomTom tech spt, about the broken Itinerary Planning in 3rd's, I specifically asked whether or not the next Nav8 bug fix release would have a higher (or different) number than "8.010," since that update had been pulled at the time.

They indicated that it would be higher. So, everyone should see it, once it's available for their platform.

R?

Is this with the original (and quickly pulled) 8.010 firmware release for the x20 series, or with the re-released version? The reason I'm asking is it wouldn't surprise me if they (TT) specifically changed something to prevent users from doing this.

The one being offered now is apparently the same as the one that was pulled a few weeks ago. At least according to one of the users at a Norwegian TomTom forum who has made a comparison of the two programs. This is apparently base on a comparison run by a computer of the two... Others who have downloaded the version that is live now say they have the same functionality with version 8 maps as the ones (like me) who downloaded new software and maps a few weeks ago.

Ask a Question