How do I know which TT One version I have?

I've had my TomTom One for a couple years and really enjoyed it, but I've been contemplating an updating the map.

How can I determine what version I have? (i don't have it with me right now to look at).

sounds like an SD card and OS upgrade are in order. (I read the sticky)
what do I need to know about the maps? doesn't anyone sell used maps? (almost $100 bucks? I mean geez.........)

I've had my TomTom One for a couple years and really enjoyed it, but I've been contemplating an updating the map.

How can I determine what version I have? (i don't have it with me right now to look at).

sounds like an SD card and OS upgrade are in order. (I read the sticky)
what do I need to know about the maps? doesn't anyone sell used maps? (almost $100 bucks? I mean geez.........)

Tap the satellite bars to see the firmware version. Tap THAT screen to see the map version and build installed.

Maps are associated to a specific device so the selling of maps by other than TomTom is not only illegal but also counterproductive.

OK on the maps, I understand, I was just checking before I go plunking down almost $100.

well, I was able to retrieve the info, but I'm having troubles deciphering the information:

version 6.501
29 MB Ram
GPS v1.21
Boot 4.81
Map 660.1215

can I tell from this what TomTom One model I actually have? (I didn't even realize there were multiple versions of the One until I found this forum :eek: )

I was considering buying an updated map (I'm not sure of the date of mine), but given the cost, I'm now contemplating buying a refurb and giving this one to the kids (16 & 18).

Any suggestions for a noob?

(btw, is there a replacement sound bite for that clunk-clunk-clunk theme on startup? and just for something to mod, I'm going to investigate changing the splash and getting rid of the Legal Stuff)

Thanks Again, great site! :D

There is a text file in the root of your unit called ttgo.bif. Look at it with Notepad. I think one of the lines shows the information about the actual unit.

Another way, I think, is using Home's menu option for system information. There again, I think it shows the type of unit.

bummer, looks like I have the bottom of the barrel:

DeviceName=TomTom Go
DeviceVersionHW=ONE
DeviceSerialNumber=E22476H03907
DeviceUniqueID=AK5AY ASDTE
RamDiskVersion=20060904
BootLoaderVersion=481
LinuxVersion=1343
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=6501
ApplicationVersion=7460
UserLanguage=English US

Is it worth upgrading?

bummer, looks like I have the bottom of the barrel:

DeviceName=TomTom Go
DeviceVersionHW=ONE
DeviceSerialNumber=E22476H03907
DeviceUniqueID=AK5AY ASDTE
RamDiskVersion=20060904
BootLoaderVersion=481
LinuxVersion=1343
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=6501
ApplicationVersion=7460
UserLanguage=English US

Is it worth upgrading?

Geez.....only you can answer whether it is worth updating. If the map version you are using seems ok for the travels that you do and if the functionality of the unit fits your style, then why not stay with what you have?

If, on the other hand, you feel the map has deficiencies and you have the need for more bells and whistles, then maybe it is worth your while to do research on different models -- AND BRANDS -- to see what's out there with the functionality you want.

As I said, nobody can make the decision for you. Just you.

How's THAT for an answer? !! :D :D

Ask a Question