How do I add stuff?

TomTom Model(s)
xl
I have been given a TomTom by a friend in Germany which only has German voices and only central Europe map.
How can I download maps of UK and Spain also English voices.
The only cable I have is cigarette lighter one, is the cable to computer just an ordinary USB to mini (whatever it's called that fits on TomTom) ?
Someone please help an old man out here. o_O

You need Home, the application that interfaces between the device and TomTom's servers.

Get it at tomtom.com/home.

Once you download and install it, open Home and connect your device with a usb to mini cable. In theory, any cable of that type works but it has been known that some don't do the job.

Anyway, once Home is open and the unit is connected to the computer, you should try to register with an email address/password. Then click on 'Update my Unit' in Home.

See if any application update is offered. If so, select that to install only. Then disconnect properly from Home using th Device Disconnect icon. Restart the unit, reconnect to Home and make sure no further application updats are offered. If there are, repeat the process. If not, select any other updates that are offered.

You then can try to see if other voices (such as in English) are offered in the Add Voices icon. Change the filter to ALL if set for Default.

For the map, well, you'll need to purchase one that includes the UK for your device. Use the Purchase maps icon.

Ask a Question