Help!!!

I'm new here...but I need some help. I got a 910 today and hooked it up to my computer with Home. I did the upgrade for the unit and everything seemed to be okay. Then, I attempted to use the "My GO 910" feature. It said it needed to download a file for that functionality. I downloaded that file and it worked fine. When I disconnect (by hitting the virtual on/off button) the 910, it goes through it's disconnect and then gets stuck on the start picture. I can browse through all of the menus via Home, but it keeps getting stuck. I hard reset the unit and it does the same thing. If I turn the unit on without being connected to the computer...it attempts to connect to the computer...goes through the disconnect process and then gets stuck again! ARGH!!!! Any ideas???

Here is where the problem occurred.
When updating the unit with a new firmwire, first disconnect the unit and turn it on before trying Virtual tomtom.
The unit has to set itself up with the new firmwire. Next, you may reconnect the uniit to the computer and start up virtual TomTom.

You do have a problem.
My suggestion is to restore from a backup since HOME recognizes the unit.. I hope one was done before updating to the latest firmwire.
If all hope is lost then I would recommend to exchange the unit for another.
I had to do that with my ONE v2 when I purchased it. It would get past the splash screen.

I got it back from the dead using the advice from http://www.mobileplanet.com/ft.aspx?k=67969&page=1. I did the re-install on the page and tried the reset by hitting the reset button and then holding down the power button...both to no avail. I then did a scandisc through windows (which took about 2 hours) and it did the trick. It seems like the new update can corrupt some of the information on the HD. I'm just so glad I found that forum page...otherwise...I would not have a 910! Best Buy just discontinued them and I got their last one for $299!

Ask a Question