Help with ttr2

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Hello. My name is Rok and I'm new to this forum. I'm from Slovenia and I have some problems with my GPS.. I updated my device using Tomtom HOME 2.4 i think it was then.. When it finished updating i took my SD card (original Tomtom) out of the computer and inserted it in the GPS. I turned it on and it said: NO MAPS FOUND! So, I took it out again and inserted it and then the GPS started to show the animation that the memmory card is inserted, but it's not a Tomtom card:confused: :confused: Since then, every time is the same.. When the card is not in the device, GPS is showing, that I should insert the card and when I do, it shows a cross over the card and all I can do is to turn it off:( :(

Please, can someone help me? I tried to contact tomtom support, but the web site is not working properly..:mad:

Thank you for all the answers and I realy hope someone knows the answer, becouse I realy miss my navigation:(

Bye, Rok

First thing to do is update to HOME 2.5.2.60. I would suggest that you always connect your device with the card in it, rather than using a card reader on your puter.

Update your HOME, do a pin reset then plug your Rider in. You should also be running application 7.901

Try these things first, and that might fix your prob.

Here is the link on how to do a pin reset (its very simple)

http://us.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bi...2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9cGluIHJlc2V0&p_li=&p_topview=1

cheers,

ps: I am assuming you have a Rider or Rider2. Its a good idea to put your TT model into your signature or profile info.

I've already tried to reset the device and nothing happend:mad: I have the newest tomtom HOME application now and still nothing.. It's a strange thing that happened and I have no clue what went wrong :confused: Oh, yes, I have Rider 2nd edition and I lost my cable for connecting to the computer..:mad: I forgot to mention that when I insert the SD card in the computer, it recognizes it and asks me what to do, but Tomtom HOME doesn't start as usually.. So, I assume, that there is something wrong with the SD card, becouse I can see, what is on it and everything seems to be OK, but the GPS and tomtom HOME are telling me, that this is not a tomtom card.. :(

Bye, Rok

Last edited:
I have 3 maps, all on "non TomTom" cards, so I dont think that is the problem. What if you open HOME by using the HOME icon rather than having it open automatically?

You might have to tell HOME where your device is....when you use the cord it is plugged into a USB port (H;G;, etc). When you use a card slot you will be in a different location (mine is drive I). Not sure if that is the problem but its something to try.

I would suggest actually phoning Support, they are usually pretty good in helping out.

Cheers

Hm.. Good thinking, but I don't think this is the problem in this case, becouse I opened HOME using the icon and it's the same: no device found. I'm now thinking that if it's possible, that when I was updating SD card (maps and other things) and not the GPS with the cable, that maybe the GPS software, or version needs to be updated also, like the card, so it will work properly?:confused: I don't know if I'm thinking in the right direction, but I'm desperate and want to try everything, just to fix this damn problem:(

I will definetly try to contact support again, but I won't call them, becouse I'm from Slovenia and it would cost me a fortune:p I will write to them and hopefully they know the answer... If someone else knows what to do, PLEASE help me..

Cheers, Rok

Hm.. Good thinking, but I don't think this is the problem in this case, becouse I opened HOME using the icon and it's the same: no device found. I'm now thinking that if it's possible, that when I was updating SD card (maps and other things) and not the GPS with the cable, that maybe the GPS software, or version needs to be updated also, like the card, so it will work properly?:confused: I don't know if I'm thinking in the right direction, but I'm desperate and want to try everything, just to fix this damn problem:(

I will definetly try to contact support again, but I won't call them, becouse I'm from Slovenia and it would cost me a fortune:p I will write to them and hopefully they know the answer... If someone else knows what to do, PLEASE help me..

Cheers, Rok

Have you tried the clear flash tool ?

here

If this doesn't work try copying you contents of the card to a backup on your computer using Explorer not home.
how
then format your card in Fat 32
Then copy your backup back on the card

Last edited:
I tried both things and it didn't work.. I couldn't format it, becouse the card is protected from writing:confused: I think that is becouse it is an original TT card.. I wrote to the support and I'm waiting for the answer, hoping they know where is the problem:(

Thank you anyway, when I saw your post I thought this was it, but sadly it isn't..:(

OK, the first problem is fixed. I just had to update my device via cable and everything started to move somewhere.. But now a new problem showed up!:( I can't get my GPS to read the maps. It starts and than NO MAPS FOUND!:mad: I searched the web for this problem, tried all kind of things and nothing helped! I contacted Support again and I'm waiting for the answer.. Does anyone else here know what to do with this problem?? Please help me.. I still can't use my GPS and I'm really gonna need it in this time of the year:( :(

Cheers, Rok

No, it didn't help, I tried to re-install map, reset the device, it's updated, the GPS is up to date, everything should work normally, but it isn't. I'm now waiting for answer from TomTom Support.. thanks anyway..

Cheers, Rok

Ask a Question