Help on new map

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the GPS world and I have a question about my recent TOMTOM One.

I'm originaly from Portugal, and I bought my TOMTOM One in Germany, thinking it would be easy to download Portugal maps for it. But when I got home i couldn't get it to work because of one problem:

- After installing the iberian maps (Portugal and Spain) I was asked for an activation code, so i went to www.ttcode.com and inserted my device ID and Device Code, and got myself my activation code. Now my problem is, I can't get the activation code in my TOMTOM because my virtual keyboard doesnt has any space key and the code has three sets of 5 digits.

How do I pass this up? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the GPS world and I have a question about my recent TOMTOM One.

I'm originaly from Portugal, and I bought my TOMTOM One in Germany, thinking it would be easy to download Portugal maps for it. But when I got home i couldn't get it to work because of one problem:

- After installing the iberian maps (Portugal and Spain) I was asked for an activation code, so i went to www.ttcode.com and inserted my device ID and Device Code, and got myself my activation code. Now my problem is, I can't get the activation code in my TOMTOM because my virtual keyboard doesnt has any space key and the code has three sets of 5 digits.

How do I pass this up? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Hello Buga

When entering the activation code, you can ignore the spaces. Just plug in the numbers shown without any spaces and it should activate your maps with no problem.

Thank you for your answer digital-flex, but I have tried that already and didn't work.

Can it be that I the TOMTOM one I bought only works with German maps? And that I have to purchase a new license to use in Portugal?

Hello Buga,

Are you doing this when your unit is connected to HOME and the server? or with the unit in your hand?

Can it be that I the TOMTOM one I bought only works with German maps?

There are no differences between TomToms based on the country you purchased it in. It is just a question of the installed map and the language choice for the menus. You can change everything.

I bought my TT ONE in France and use it in Canada after installing North America maps.

As to your problem with the activation code, make sure that you don't confuse a zero for the letter 'O'. (I'm just trying to think of a reason why it didn't work.)

Ask a Question