GO730 jukebox stops playing

Update after the "Downgrade"

I did the "downgrade" to 8.302 as instructed on my GO 720. It's been about 2 weeks now and I haven't had to pin reset once tho I've been using it daily. The jukebox works fine, the unit doesn't ignore the remote, it bluetooths to my phone for handsfree and data. I don't use the FM transmitter so I'm happy with it. My 32GB card works fine with the older firmware although I'm having trouble getting it to catalogue 32GB of music without giving it up and going into a reboot. So far it's accepted 16GB and I'm slowly working up from there to what I'll find is the max amount of mp3's it will handle.

My only worry is that it's about time for me to upgrade my maps, and I'm concerned that after I plug it into HOME I'll have to do the file swap again to downgrade it after TT upgrades it automatically to 8.351. I can live with that.

My only worry is that it's about time for me to upgrade my maps, and I'm concerned that after I plug it into HOME I'll have to do the file swap again to downgrade it after TT upgrades it automatically to 8.351. I can live with that.
No need to live with it. Just deselect the firmware upgrade. Home will give you a list of things it would LIKE to do, but you can choose which of the upgrades occurs. Take the 860 map, and pass on the 8.351 firmware.

My 32GB card works fine with the older firmware although I'm having trouble getting it to catalogue 32GB of music without giving it up and going into a reboot.

The max is posted somewhere here on tomtomforums, but I can't find the post at the moment. It's a certain # of songs, maybe one of the other mods remembers. I think it's somewhere around 700.

Believe I remember something like 600 being the threshold, (before the Jukebox starts acting up) but I can't swear to it.

Ask a Question