GO730 jukebox stops playing

I ran the tool 3 times. For some reason it insisted I put in the sd card which I did. I got out of TT Home properly. It still cycles through the startup and ends up in French. It just turned itself off and started again in French. The message says, "Impossible de creer d'autres categories de Pl". Then it cycles off and back on in French.

Gridlok:mad:

My 730 is sittin here with the sd card in it cycling through the starup ending in French. I cannot seem to turn it off. It has gone from pretty screwed up to completely useless.( 2 months old.)

Gridlok

Well, start over.......

Connect to the computer. Make an Explorer backup of the specific map folder. Reformat the unit. Don't use quickformat.

Connect to Home and reinstall the application offered.

Did you add a favorite in the Operate My GO emulator? (in addition to fixing the language)

Adding a favorite causes the emulator to "save" changes, and fixes reboots.

If I format and hook up to TT Home, will I not be saddled with that same (bad) operating system? 3.51 I think?

And yes I did add a favourite but it didn't seem to change anything.

Thanks for helping me through this mess.

Gridlok

If you have a backup, delete all files on the Tomtom, except for the map folder (eg: North_America_2GB), the LoquendoTTS folder, and the ASR folder. (and leave the files in those folders untouched).

Then try doing the winrar extraction again of 8.302.

I have 2 map files. One under "maps" which is North_America_2GB.tlv and the other is North_America_2GB. Should I save them both?

Gridlok

I have deleted everything except 4 files. ASR, LoquendoTTS, maps, and North_America_2GB.

Gridlok

I actually had the unzipped file on my desktop so I just copied and pasted them onto my 730. I didn't choose to overwrite the 3 files that were mentioned because I thought that was why I didn't delete them in the first place. Was that the right thing to do?

I'm just going to check out my device now.

Gridlok

All righty then. My GPS booted up (in English), and with a few prompts, seems to be working with ver. 3.02. Now to see if it is still ok when I put in the sd card, then check to see if the bluetooth works.

I'm hopefull.

Gridlok

I actually had the unzipped file on my desktop so I just copied and pasted them onto my 730. I didn't choose to overwrite the 3 files that were mentioned because I thought that was why I didn't delete them in the first place. Was that the right thing to do?

That's fine. The included files in those folders are the same in both app versions.

Good luck. Let us know if you still have issues.

Just tried it in my car. Had to do a little setup tweaking but bluetooth and music player seemto be working, as well as the GPS of course. I hope it will continue to do so and thanks again for your help.

Gridlok :)

So today the music stopped and I had to do a pin reset. After that, the music worked again and I got a phone call (Properly) through the TT Bluetooth. It seems to be "mostly" working. Is this as good as it gets? The odd meltdown? The odd pin reset?

Staying hopeful,
Gridlok

jukebox stops playing

I'm kind of hoping this works, as I have the same problem with Jukebox stopping after a few days - am currently doing the paperclip thing. My only concern is, by going back to 8.302 will I have to give up my 32GB SDHC card? Not sure of 8.302 will handle a card of that size.

I also use handsfree with my mobile, the bluetooth remote control and RDS-TMC. Don't want to give up any of them but I'm getting tired of the paperclip.

Arrrrrgggg! I hooked up my 730 to my computer and thought I was downloading the usual little updates, but instead it stuffed 8.351 back on as my operating system!!

I obviously didn't read the fine print carefully enough. There should be some huge warning when that is going to happen so idiots like me don't have to do this whole "downgrade" thing again.

Crap,

Gridlok

I deleted all the files again except ARS, North_America_2GB, Loquendo TTS and maps, but when I went to paste from my backup I was told there was not enough space. I wonder if I can do a pin reset when it is like this?

Gridlok

If you had made a complete Explorer backup when things were working, then just restore the complete backup, overwriting when necessary.

I still had the rar file, so I just unzipped it to my 730. It asked to overwrite files and I said,"yes to all" and it seems to have worked. It now tells me it's running on 3.02, (happily, I might add!)

In actual fact, it was pretty straightforward for a wannabee tech geek like me. I would still prefer the bugs get fixed so we don't have to take too many trips down "Technical Lane."

Thanks again folks!
Hope to not have to talk to you for a while.:eek:

Gridlok:)

Ask a Question