GO730 jukebox stops playing

Are you sure the downgrade worked properly? You should be on app 8.302 after the downgrade.

I just checked to see if the downgrade worked, and it didn't. I am still running on 8.351. I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions. Should I just try to do the same thing again?

Gridlok

At a guess you have the application 8,351 installed to the memory card and your "roll back" Navcore on the device, when the TomTom boots it checks the SD card first for a copy of the Navcore, if it finds one it uses it and ignores whats on the device.
Try removing the SD card then switch the unit on and check the Navcore version is it still showing 8,351 - Mike

Hmmm. Without the sd card installed, my 730 connects to my computer, but stays on splash page with the pic of the 730 on it. I just checked my sd card and it has no "hidden" files, just mp3s.

Gridlok

Switch the TomTom off, connect it to the PC and press the reset switch on the base of the device then switch it on, does it now connect to the PC correctly - Mike

I did what you said. It is still on the same splash page. (That is, WITHOUT the sd card in it.)

Gridlok

For some reaaon, when it connects to TT Home, it seems to lock up on that page.

Gridlok

The page with a pic of the 730 is normal when the device is plugged into a computer.

Can you see the internal (and external if SD is plugged in) drives in "My Computer"?

Yes, I can see the drive and its' contents. There is a file in there called 3.02...but I don't think it got installed correctly. The link refers to installing over top of the existing program and overwriting when prompted. I haven't been given that option. Maybe I used Winrar wrongly. (I am not very familiar with it.)

I also have the 3.02 file sitting on my desktop if I need a backup. Should I (shudder) format the drive or something, then reinstall?

Thanks for any help,
Gridlok

If you use winrar to open the cab file. It will show a folder with lots of files an folders inside it.

You want to move those contents (all the folders and files in the Winrar window) to the Tomtom. Most of the folder/filenames will already exist on the Tomtom, and all you're doing is overwriting them.

When I try to cut and paste, I get an error message saying there isn't enough room on the drive.

Gridlok

You could right click on the cab file and, choose "extract files".

Then in the next window choose the Tomtom drive as the destination. It should fit as the contents aren't much bigger than the existing Tomtom files.

OK, I did that and had no error messages. Now when it starts up, it seems to be in french. Oh wait, it's starting again...................nope, still in french.

Ummm. Any ideas?

Gridlok

Run "Operate my GO" in Tomtom HOME, set your language in the emulator, and add a favorite within the emulator. Then exit out properly.

I did as you said. My 730 is now asking if I want to connect to the computer in French.

??
Gridlok

When I start it, it cycles through a few pages in french, then pauses, then starts the cycle all over again. Then I tried the same thing with it plugged in to the USB. It ends up on the splash page with the 730 pic (in English). I made sure in TT Home, it was set to English - it was.

Now my 2 month old Tom Tom isn't working (for me) at all.

Gridlok

Ask a Question