GO730 FM problems

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
Hi, I would be grateful if someone can help me make sense of the fact that I cannot get the Tom Tom to work through my car radio. I keep doing what is asked of me by the speaker setup and setting the FM radio to the correct frequency but the unit will only operate the internal speaker. I have had the unit for about 9 months and only use it occasionally. When I first bought it I was able to use the music that I downloaded onto the 730 through FM on my radio.

Thanks Harryr:)

Try using it with the mp3 player going and it will work fine, if you don't want to hear music simply instal a silent mp3 track and select that to play all the time - Mike

Hi again,

Thanks for the advice. The car is being serviced so will try again when I get it back. However, I have been using the songs as mp3 and yet it does not send them via FM to my radio.

Harryr:confused:

Hi, today I tried tuning two FM radios in my house to the 730 and had no problem. When I received my car back from the garage tonight I tried tuning in to the in car radio and it worked first time. I did nothing different tonight than I have done in the past so I am happy that it is working but have no idea why it would not do so in the past.

Thanks Harry:cool:

Ask a Question