Go live 2535m - live services lost.

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2535M Live
Hello;
Does anyone know of where I can find out or what may be wrong with my device? It's never been perfect; did a factory reset last week; to correct some glitches; this evening around 5:00 (EST) I left work with traffic bar working (live service) however abour 15-30 min later as I'm driving I notice the traffic bar trying to update, the rest of the evening until I got home from doing things @9:30pm (EST) still no connection. Cannot connect to any services. Spoke with two TT reps who said they will get back to me by 5:30CST tomorrow!! When I go into connections I see no connection, STATUS - NOT CONNECTED, no MCC/MNC: / SIM ID: keeps showing and dissapearing, IMEI has digits in it and model shows info.

Why did I all of a sudden lose connection? Any way to tell if services are down? Rep said she checked and there wasn't. I just find this odd. I did a factory reset (again) and several soft resets - nothing is working. :mad:

Please help!!
Thank you! :)

Where are you relative to the nearest AT&T cellular service? You'll lose the signal bars, MCC/MNC and SIM ID if you have no connection to a carrier (in this case, AT&T). Only your unit's own information (the IMEI) shows up with no connection.

Anyway, it isn't a matter of whether 'services are down' -- you have no connection to a nearby cell site to connect you to anything anyway. Need to get that part sorted out first. Only after you have the cell (GPRS) connection can you have any connection to the TomTom Live servers.

Please help us by describing your location relative to 'civilization'. While the areas around Ansonia are relatively densely populated, cell coverage might be a bit more meager up to the NW.

In the next day or so, keep track of the status page for cell connection whenever you can, and see if there are any areas where you have coverage and where you don't so we might be able to figure out whether it's a coverage problem or something wrong with the unit.

I'm similarly showing "not connected" on my 2535 LIVE this morning. You're the second person to report this on TTF, I think it's an outage of some sort.

Where are you relative to the nearest AT&T cellular service? You'll lose the signal bars, MCC/MNC and SIM ID if you have no connection to a carrier (in this case, AT&T). Only your unit's own information (the IMEI) shows up with no connection.

Anyway, it isn't a matter of whether 'services are down' -- you have no connection to a nearby cell site to connect you to anything anyway. Need to get that part sorted out first. Only after you have the cell (GPRS) connection can you have any connection to the TomTom Live servers.

Please help us by describing your location relative to 'civilization'. While the areas around Ansonia are relatively densely populated, cell coverage might be a bit more meager up to the NW.

In the next day or so, keep track of the status page for cell connection whenever you can, and see if there are any areas where you have coverage and where you don't so we might be able to figure out whether it's a coverage problem or something wrong with the unit.

Honestly..... I don't think it's my area as I have never been able to never connect... Slow confection time maybe.. But this seems like a total outage on TT part.. Especially if I'm second per next post.. No?

I'm similarly showing "not connected" on my 2535 LIVE this morning. You're the second person to report this on TTF, I think it's an outage of some sort.

Hmm... Did you call Tom Tom?
They told me someone else was on phone st same time with me.. Same model yet they don't know why it isn't working... How could they not tell if it's an outage?!

From what I can tell it's not TT servers that have a problem. AT&T is banning TT devices from the network, so it only impacts the USA.

It's as if TT didn't pay the February AT&T bill.

I've let my contacts at Tomtom know about the issue, so they're looking into it.

From what I can tell it's not TT servers that have a problem. AT&T is banning TT devices from the network, so it only impacts the USA.

I've let my contacts at Tomtom know about the issue, so they're looking into it.

I REALLY hope that isn't the case and if it is... They get out resolved ASAP!! I will be on phone with news.. My attorney general and the FCC as I now along with others have av useless device on their hands.. Of which mine is less than 5 months old!!

Hey! Take a deep breath! Relax. Crap happens. It's being investigated at this very moment. Yes, it's irritating and frustrating as an end user but do you threaten to sue if your power goes out in the house? You don't have a useless device. It will still route you from A to B. Just not as precisely during the outage.

It will be resolved. And very soon, hopefully.

Same exact issue here... Sucks there's an outage, but glad its not just my unit... I've only had it since Monday and I thought there was an issue already. Wish tomtom would alert us to an outage rather than leaving us in the dark.

What's funny is mine too was working at 5:00pm and died 15-20 mins later... Only it was PST not EST as the OP experienced.

Same exact issue here... Sucks there's an outage, but glad its not just my unit... Wish tomtom would alert us to an outage rather than leaving us in the dark.

I'm relaxed... But it is VERY frustratating. It wasn't directed at an individual. Our fellow user quoted the above and said it best.

Too strange. I never had an outage here in Colorado. Had Live service last night after early reports of the 'outage' (in fact, I was checking specifically to see if I had any issues with carrier to connections while replying), and still have service this morning.

Canderson - The MCC/MNC in your neighborhood is different from the national MCC/MNC. I think TT uses an AT&T affiliate there, which may not be subject to this problem.

Can I go out on a limb and ask where you found out they were banning AT&T Network from using TT and how long might we be looking at as far as an outage/fix?
You can PM me if you'd like -- I googled all over and can't find anything in reference to this. I'm not doubting you - I'm just curious and REALLY would like these services back :sad:

Same exact issue here...

What's funny is mine too was working at 5:00pm and died 15-20 mins later... Only it was PST not EST as the OP experienced.
My service was also lost at about the same time in the Los Angeles area. It's almost as if AT&T switched off the connection at the close of the local business day - and since yesterday was the last day of the month, the comment by mvl about not paying the bill may be more than a joke - although it's more likely to be a snafu in the AT&T business operations department than an actual issue about payment of the bill.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Can I go out on a limb and ask where you found out they were banning AT&T Network from using TT and how long might we be looking at as far as an outage/fix?

In the network connections screen, you can see the status of the TT modem. During this outage, it is showing not-connected but still bars of service.

In prior server-based outages, the network connection screen would show active connections.

This hypothesis is further confirmed, because no other countries seem to have the current outage (and TT servers are shared across countries).

I have no idea how long it will take TT or AT&T to fix this. I have some contacts with TT employess, and they have confirmed that TT is aware of the issue and is working on fixing it with the highest priority.

Canderson - The MCC/MNC in your neighborhood is different from the national MCC/MNC. I think TT uses an AT&T affiliate there, which may not be subject to this problem.
Nope. We have no AT&T 'affiliates' in the Denver metro area, just AT&T itself. What remains odd is the MCC (312 + 60). I've never been able to find that. While 312 is acknowledged as a USA MCC number, it never shows up in any lists that specify the carriers within that MCC. There is good reason for that. Although 312 had been assigned to the US, and although I have been seeing that MMC on my 740 Live unit since I purchased it, as of 11/14/2011, the IMSI Oversight Council appears to have NO knowledge of 312 being opened for assignment here!

Might be getting somewhere... where mine would not list any MCC/MNC it is now showing 31410 today. Could be nothing, but, something different than the past 20 hours.

Ask a Question