My Go 930T is dead........about to exchange for Go Live 2535M

TomTom Model(s)
GO LIVE 2535 M
So my Go 930T battery crapped out and wont hold a charge, when I bought it at Bestbuy back in '09 I bought the extended warranty so I am going to get it exchanged. I'm alittle sad that BB doesnt sell the 2535 TM WTE as it has more memory but I guess I will be ok. Would it be better to just rplace the battery myself or to exchange it. I rarely travel to Europe anymore but it is nice to have that option if I need it!

As long as you are aware the differences between the 930 and the 2535WTE are **significant**.

The 2535 is a Navcore 10.x device, meaning the user has no access to the file system on it, meaning no Explorer backups at this time (as well as other things). The 2535 does NOT use Home 2 but instead **requires** MyTomTom which is web based for the most part.

Many functions you currently have on the 930 are not available on the 2535 such as fm player, a sd slot for further expansion, etc.

Next, the 2535 will come with maps of both North America and Europe BUT........

If you want to update the Europe map, you'll find you cannot install a complete Europe map. It's gotten too large. You'll need to install just a European zoned map.

What about being able to back up Favorites, can you do this? The lack of an SD card sucks, but the traffic doesnt require a separate cable and I hear the window mount is improved.

Yes, with the newest application, favourites can be backed up to the computer. The magnetic mount is much better than the mount system for a 930 (in my opinion).

Replace the battery in the 930 as you have nothing to lose by trying and might delay another sat nav purchase for a couple of years - Mike

So I exchanged my 930 today and actually love the 2535M but when I go to tomtom.com/getstarted and get to the step where I "Activate Code" nothing happens! Am I doing something wrong?

If you got the M model (lifetime maps) then indeed you need to fill in the activate code field with the value found on the card in your package.

What do you mean 'nothing happened'? If you click on 'activate code', does a box not appear for you to enter the code?

If you got the M model (lifetime maps) then indeed you need to fill in the activate code field with the value found on the card in your package.

What do you mean 'nothing happened'? If you click on 'activate code', does a box not appear for you to enter the code?

Honestly when I click "Activate Code" it goes to the choose location screen! I tried on 2 computers!

And if you select US?

Anyway, call CS at 866-486-6866 and they can activate the code for your unit from their end.

Yes, the combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger gets its info from the fm signal on your radio. So, you want the unit plugged into the combo charger.

Yes, the combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger gets its info from the fm signal on your radio. So, you want the unit plugged into the combo charger.

Ok the 2535 doesn't have a in-line transmitter afaik, the traffic transmitter is in the gps unit itself isn't it?

Are you talking about the LIVE model or non-LIVE model?

The LIVE model has a sim card imbedded in it and gets LIVE traffic and other services that way.

The NON-LIVE model has no sim card and REQUIRES the combo charger to retrieve the (fm) rds-tmc traffic info.

Are you talking about the LIVE model or non-LIVE model?

The LIVE model has a sim card imbedded in it and gets LIVE traffic and other services that way.

The NON-LIVE model has no sim card and REQUIRES the combo charger to retrieve the (fm) rds-tmc traffic info.

I have the Go 2535M Live model. The only reason I ask is I want to hardwaire the unit via the included USB cable.

Ask a Question