GO 930T display dead?

Hello, quite a big problem with my go 930t. After pin reset when I try to turn it on, display don't work at all, i can only hear the sound of drums. I can connect it to the computer without any problem. Display seems unbroken.

I wonder if anybody knows where the problem is.
thanks
Lukas

Does the emulator (Operate my Unit) work in TomTom Home?

Is the battery on the unit fully charged?

Thank you for your quick answer - all you wrote i had already tried. I have discovered the problem - tried display from another unit (720) and 930T works perfectly. So probably the backlight is down. Is there any way how to repair it or i must simply change whole display?

Not sure where you can send it for repairs in your country. I assume the 930 is out of warranty.

Maybe look on ebay for someone selling an old unit for parts? Don't know.

Dark screen here too

I have the same problem. My unit comes on. I can see the display if the room im in is totally dark. I can hear it as well but to dark in normal light. Tomtom,com no help at all, bunch of "jerk offs":mad:.

My unit is new but still out of warranty. Where can I get this fixed or is this just changing a light.

How did you get your unit fixed?

How can a unit be new but out of warranty?

Depending upon the model, you may have it set for night colurs and also have the screen set to dim when at night.

I have the same problem. My unit comes on. I can see the display if the room im in is totally dark. I can hear it as well but to dark in normal light. Tomtom,com no help at all, bunch of "jerk offs":mad:.

My unit is new but still out of warranty. Where can I get this fixed or is this just changing a light.

How did you get your unit fixed?

Same thing happen to my 930 last year. Bought new in August. In November screen did as yours. 'Help' people gave me RMA as unit was still under warranty. They sent back a refurbished unit which has worked great for 10 months now.

Don't know the answer but wish you luck...

I bought this unit on Ebay. The owner had several of these and advertized them as new. However since this owner did not have a store name it was not recognized by Tomtom as a dealer. I reall y think though that tomtom would do anything rather than repair their own products. Umit came sealed in a new box and worked fine fo about two months.

Am I waisting my time

I have always been very proud of the Tomtom I bought about ten years ago and it has always worked. I have promoted and advertised that it was outstanding, My real question to all of you members is what kind of company does not have the means or the inclination to repair their own products. That sounds so un natural. When I asked Tomtom where to get my unit repaired all I got was an apology and an offer of ten dollar of for loyalty. My loyaty has come to an end.

I am a little confused. I am not the smartest guy when iit come to blogging but I thought blogging was to solve problems and help each other. This site seams to advertise more than offering real answers. Point in question.

Why doesnt anyone know where to get their unit repaired?

I have always been very proud of the Tomtom I bought about ten years ago ...
I was with you until I hit the "ten". The first TomTom GO was released in March of 2004.

A lot of companies wouldn't touch a unit that old if for no other reason than a lack of spare parts dating that far back. Consumer electronics is pretty much a churn 'em out deal and has been for quite a number of years. So in your case, you're getting the same treatment as you would for most anything else. Try getting a 6-1/2 year old DVD player or cell phone repaired by the manufacturer.

Problem is, TomTom typically doesn't repair anything at all. Send them a brand new dead unit, and for your RMA, you'll get a refurb or new unit back. They find it cheaper to turn units than to repair most of them. You'd think a display would be one of the obvious exceptions since it's a relatively easily separable module of the device.

If you lived in the U.K., you'd find a number of shops that deal specifically in GPS repair and handle TomToms (including screens). Not sure why we don't see that elsewhere, though.

To the OP - there are a number of outfits in China and Korea that will sell the entire OEM Korean display module. We just had that covered in a thread around here in the last week or two.

Ten years right

Sorry about the ten year thing. Of course you are right. It seams like it has been that long. That unit still works fine but rather than repair it I chose to get a new one. The 930T didnt last but a couple of months before problems set in. I would not be so upset but I really like it when it was working, larger screen and the voice commands. Guess I am going back to my old unit until whne ever. Thanks for your reply!

Ask a Question