What is the best way to charge 930T ?

TomTom Model(s)
930T
What is the best way to charge 903T ?

Is it in the cradle and plug into usb or via the connector to cigarette lighter of the car ?

I plugin to cradle right now and it has green light at the bottom right hand side.

So when do I know when it is fully charged ?

Will the green light go off when it is fully charged ?

And how do I check the progress of the charged ion litium battery ?
Where do I check on the 930T ?

How long is the charge assuming it is almost empty ?

Thanks.

The green light does NOT go off when the unit is fully charged. You get more power from a cig outlet (normally 1.A to 1.2A) than a computer (.5A), so it takes longer to charge a unit by keeping it connected to the computer .... a good two or three hours for a full charge from an empty, or near empty battery.

If you tap the bottom right of the status bar in diving view, the next screen will show the battery icon on the top right. Not 100% precise but reasonably close.

If I buy a.c. adapter for it will it charge faster ?
What type of a.c. adapter do I need in order to charge ?
Does it need to ne Tom Tom brand a.c. adapter for it to work ?

Thanks.

An AC adapter will charge it faster. (about the same as when in a car)

I do have a TomTom AC adapter with an output at 1.0A but you should be able to use any AC adapter that's appropriate.

The input specs for my AC adapter say: 100~240V~/0.2A
Output: +5V and 1.0A but the unit can take 1.2A anyway. Even up to 2A

When I put a new battery in my One XL, my mains charger [rated 1000ma] would not charge it. Only the car charger would charge it fully. Then I found that it would charge from a 3000ma wall charger. So it is confusing [for me] what current units take and what current the car charger actually provides.

Too bad it doesn't show it as a perventage, but just a solid green battery.
So if it solid green it means it is fully charge ?
Are there software to calibrate it like some other devices ?

The green light does NOT go off when the unit is fully charged. You get more power from a cig outlet (normally 1.A to 1.2A) than a computer (.5A), so it takes longer to charge a unit by keeping it connected to the computer .... a good two or three hours for a full charge from an empty, or near empty battery.

If you tap the bottom right of the status bar in diving view, the next screen will show the battery icon on the top right. Not 100% precise but reasonably close.

Maybe you were using wrong charger for it ?
Are you using appropiate Tom Tom charger for that model ?

When I put a new battery in my One XL, my mains charger [rated 1000ma] would not charge it. Only the car charger would charge it fully. Then I found that it would charge from a 3000ma wall charger. So it is confusing [for me] what current units take and what current the car charger actually provides.

Where I can buy cheap A.C. adapter which will work for 930T ?
Doesn't have to be Tom Tom brand as long as it will work.
Any websites online which I can buy ?
What type of a.c. adapter is it called when I search for it on the internet ?

Thanks.

An AC adapter will charge it faster. (about the same as when in a car)

I do have a TomTom AC adapter with an output at 1.0A but you should be able to use any AC adapter that's appropriate.

The input specs for my AC adapter say: 100~240V~/0.2A
Output: +5V and 1.0A but the unit can take 1.2A anyway. Even up to 2A

zhong, try a Future Shop or Best Buy where you live. Both are online and have stores in the city where you are.

What do I search online for Future Shop ?

" A.C. adapter for gps " ?

I tried but doesn't display what I need.

Thanks

zhong, try a Future Shop or Best Buy where you live. Both are online and have stores in the city where you are.

Thanks.

I have something like this-

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Universal-DC-Cigarette-Lighter/dp/B000EG8RIM

Will it work and charge efficently using the cigarete lighter adapter plugged into it ?

It will charge as fast as if it was plugged into a car or a.c. adapter ?

Thanks,

If you read some of the customer reviews, you can see it's a crappy product. Limited to 300ma (a computer charges ar 500ma) and some report the item blows up.

You get what you pay for. Don't go really cheap with anything electric in nature.

I have one of these similiar adapters which is shows 500ma .

What does a normal Tom Tom a.c. adapter charge at for Tom Tom 903T?

Thanks.

If you read some of the customer reviews, you can see it's a crappy product. Limited to 300ma (a computer charges ar 500ma) and some report the item blows up.

You get what you pay for. Don't go really cheap with anything electric in nature.

For the x30 models, all you need is a wall wart with a USB-A female socket, and a cable (that you may already have) that goes from the USB-A on the wall wart to the USB-miniB connector on the bottom of your unit. Both are readily available. Just be sure the wall wart is rated at at least 1 amp output at 5VDC.

Nope .. just a common expression for the AC/DC supplies that plug directly into the wall .. vs. a "brick" which is usually larger and would have a separate AC power cord and another DC cord leading to the device.

No, I like it - just never heard it before. I have a brick and at least half a dozen wall warts. They seem to grow on you...:)

The good news is that there has been a trend toward the microUSB for a lot of USB-based devices lately, reducing the need for more and more of the little buggers. My newer TomTom devices, cell phones and one camera are all using that style. Shame it didn't catch on sooner. I've still got a fair handful of devices using miniUSB (what the OP's 930 uses) and proprietary stuff to connect that could have used it.

Ask a Question