2535M LIVE - Not happy with 'MyTomTom'

TomTom Model(s)
TT Go 2535M, TT 740Live, TT 510
I just bought my 2535M Live and I am not crazy about MYTOMTOM possibilties. I can add my person POIs but it takes forever doing it individually. I cant' add my car icons, pics, voices, or warning sounds. I hope that this is fixed soon. I could have bought a Garmin with this limitation. I can't understand why the 2535 can not have its files openedl like every other model and have files dragged into it. Only MYTOMTOM recognizes that it it connected to the computer.

I just bought my 2535M Live and I am not crazy about MYTOMTOM possibilties. I can add my person POIs but it takes forever doing it individually.
There seems to be an issue here. Some seem able to add multiples, some seem stuck with one-by-one. If I use the CTRL key to select additonal POI files - just as you might when selecting multiple files for other reasons - they are all shown in the box below, separated with commas when the time comes to upload them. If you can't do the multiple select, try adding additional filenames by just typing them, leaving a comma and a space before each additional entry.

I cant' add my car icons, pics, voices, or warning sounds.
While computer voices are an issue, if you just want the smaller 'recorded' voices, you can grab those from your old unit (sounds like you owned a previous TomTom). Ditto with vehicle icons.

Are you sure you have the most recent version of MyTomTom?

MyTomtom uses HTML multi-file upload, which works on most major browsers except internet explorer. So use a different browser.

Adding everything except custom POI requires app 10.200 or later, which isn't yet available on the GO 2535M LIVE.

I can't understand why the 2535 can not have its files openedl like every other model and have files dragged into it. Only MYTOMTOM recognizes that it it connected to the computer.

Opinions vary as to why TomTom have changed over to the MyTomTom web-based interface (incidentally, it's for ALL new Go, Via ans Start models, not just the 2535).

Some say it is an attempt to stop map piracy, by deliberately hiding the file system from the users.
Others say it is a direct result of Microsoft's billion dollar lawsuit that TomTom had to settle out of court, which prevents them using a lot of basic "Windows-type" methods and techniques.

Also, just to say that we owners in Europe already CAN add car icons, pics, voices, and warning sounds as well as POIs. And we can also add them all in one go.

There is also a "Content Transfer Assistant" utility program, that can automatically move them all from an old model to a new one. It's on their UK website here, but I don't think it has been released for US models yet (if ever...)

There seems to be an issue here. Some seem able to add multiples, some seem stuck with one-by-one. If I use the CTRL key to select additonal POI files - just as you might when selecting multiple files for other reasons - they are all shown in the box below, separated with commas when the time comes to upload them. If you can't do the multiple select, try adding additional filenames by just typing them, leaving a comma and a space before each additional entry.

While computer voices are an issue, if you just want the smaller 'recorded' voices, you can grab those from your old unit (sounds like you owned a previous TomTom). Ditto with vehicle icons.

Are you sure you have the most recent version of MyTomTom?

Yes I have the newest version of MYTOMTOM.I like the device but I miss the ability to personalize it. It boots mor quickly tha my 510 dinosaur and my 1 year old 740 Live. It also seems better at route planning- using roads which are less traveled and quicker.

I like the device but I miss the ability to personalize it.

Try giving customer services a ring?
See if they have any ideas why you cannot access the features that other people can when using the same software version?

I'm good now!!! There was a new Navcore version available for download yesterday. After the download I was able to add car icons, voices, map schemes, warning sounds, and photos. I still wish that the divice was recognized as a plugged usb device. It is only recognized in MYTOMTOM. You can't even make a back-up copy-yet.? I do have to say that MYTOMTOM does boot much faster than Home does. With Home I sometimes need to click the Home Icon 2 or 3times to get it started.

Ask a Question