GO 910 voice problem

Hello, I've had the Go 910 for years now and it's never missed a beat. I noticed the other day that I didn't get any voice warnings. I checked volume and that was ok. I tried to alter the voice itself and when I did I had the option to test and the test was ok, It warned that I had selected a human voice that could not read some warnings so I selected a computer voice instead ... but nothing happens when it is time to warn ??? Any clues about what to do?

Have a look at the files/ folder contents in the drive letter associated with the TomTom using Windows Explorer, is there a folder named:

LoquendoTTS or loquendotts If so right clcik it and select "Properties, what is the file size in this folder, also please report back which folder name you find on the device as only one of them is correct (Home used to mess up the file/ folder structure for the Loquendo system) - Mike

I've searched all files and folders on my pc and cannot find the folders you suggest. Or have I got it wrong and am I supposed to look on the tomtom itself?

You need to connect the device to the PC then use Windows Explorer to open the drive letter associated with your device, then you can look for the LoquendoTTS folder - Mike

aha found it .. the folder Loquendo TTS is 4.07GB
When you say folder name do you mean the drive letter? In my case it is "K" as I have a lot of hard drives ....

The folder size looks about right and the folder name is correct, why not try resetting the device, turn it upside down and you will see the multiway connector in the base of the unit, where the reset hole is located, give this a press using a pin, you should be able to feel the switch click.

Performing a reset isn't going to wipe any settings it just restarts the device and is worth a try, the other thing to check is that Change Preferences/ Speaker Preferences is set to the correct sound source i.e. Internal Speaker - Mike

ok I'll give that a go and see what happens, I've checked all sound and volume preferences and I know that all the sounds are working under the "TEST" so it must be something small. I'll reset and see what happen and I'll post back. Thanks for hte help. Have a great day :)

ok i reset it and on restart I was greated by the Tomtom thme which I haven't heard in a long time. I have made sure that all setting will allow voice commands but I still do not have any. I have tested each and every voice and they all work. I've tried music and it works, I've got warning bells for overspeed so I'm pretty much sure that there is nothing wrong with the audio side of things. Am I missing something??

What version of Navcore software have you got installed, start the device and tap the sat strength meter (lower right corner) followed by the version box, the resultant screen will show you the Navcore version - Mike

Ask a Question