No Voice on 910 after upgrade with TT Home

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
I upgraded the firmware with the latest TomTom Home....I also upgraded my maps with the latest release. Now I get NO sound from the internal speaker.

I checked the preferences and they are set for internal Speaker. When I use the car mount and I I plug the headphones, I hear sound.

Did the upgrade corrupt a file ? Please help.

thank you

Have you triied resetting the unit?

When you go to Voice preferences and choose 'test' for a voice, hear anything then?

tried reset but still no sound

I checked Preferences and all the settings are for Internal Speaker. Also, tried Resetting by pressing the button that is located by the cradle connector...Prssed it for 15 seconds...reboot. Still same problem.

The other thing that I noticed is that I don't have any computer voices. The Loquendo TTS file is only 179 megs.
I tried installing computer voices with TT Home but I received the message that my model was Not Compatible ???

PS I don't have the original install disk. How can i work around this problem?

Do you get any sound from the device when its not in the car dock?
Its possible the audio line out socket in the mount is broken as this doubles as a switch, if you get sound from the speaker with it standalone but not when in the car dock its usually the switch in the socket thats packed up - Mike

Do you have a back up of the original data that was on the TomTom, the Go-910 used a rather unique set of TTS files (4GB in total just for the TTS voices).
If you don't have a backup on your PC (and these files were never supplied on disk with the device) you would need to locate someone local who has a 910 and make a copy of their LoquendoTTS folder - Mike

no sound form internal speaker whether it is on or out of the cradle. Also, no luck with install CD because no one I know owns a GO 910. Also, my original install disk is damaged.

Got on the TomTom tech Support LiveTalk....not very helpful. I don't think that the person I was chatting with had any knowledge about the 910. She told me to format the device even after I told her twice that i do not have a backup and my install disk was damaged.

Never format any TomTom without a backup made using Windows Explorer.

Have you tried selecting a normal spoken voice such as Jane/ Tim i.e. a non TTS voice, does this work?

Next for the reset, can you try again using a pin rather than a paperclip, quite often a paperclip is to large to actually depress the reset switch (its worth a try).

Finally what version of software is installed to the device, don't use Home to get the information as thats useless, simply start up the device, press the sat strength meter (lower right corner of the screen) followed by the version box, the resultant screen contains the information I am interested in - Mike

I opened the device and connected aligator clips from the speaker to another speaker from a toy. Got sound ! I will order a new speaker tomorrow. Do you have a recommended shop for speakers?

As for the computer voice I still cannot load them. The firmware version on the device is 7.903. Also, the TomTom Home I am using is v 2.8

When I try to download compouter voices tthe message from the TT Home site is that it is Not Supported by my device. How can I fix this?

The 910 uses bespoke LoquendoTTS files that are not available via TomTom Home, you need to either locate someone with a 910 to copy their LoquendoTTS files or send me an e-mail to (e-mail address removed) and I will see about putting a set of files on a DVD and mailing it over along with a speaker that works from a scrap 910 I have in the parts bin - Mike

Ask a Question