No voice directions on 910

My 910 doesn't speak directions unless i click on the next direction in the status bar. Speed warnings etc work fine.

Anyone got a solution to this.

Regards
Steve

Yeah but when you select a voice (got a computer voice selected?) you should have other selection choices for the voice.......

OK will check that out. But find it odd that it speaks the next insrtruction when I click the direction indicator in the status bar.

Sounds to me like it's just got it's knickers in a twist.

Presume you've tried resetting it with an unbent paper clip in the tiny reset hole in the bottom?

Where to find it

If that doesn't help. you need to reinstall the operating software.

1. First, you MUST do a full backup of the TomTom using Windows explorer to copy the entire SD card contents to a safe place on the PC. Instructions are in one of the stickies in the "general" section of this forum.

2. Once you've done that (NOT BEFORE!), you can use Windows Explorer to browse the TT storage and DELETE all the LOOSE files the Go (NOT any folders or any folder contents)
In more detail::
i. Open My Computer in Windows, or Finder in Macintosh from your desktop and turn on your TomTom device.
ii. On your screen a new removable disk appears, this is your TomTom device, click on the disk to open it.
iii. You will see a list of folders and a list of loose files
iv. Delete all of the loose files. IMPORTANT: The folders with their content must NOT be deleted.
v. Close the window when all files are deleted by clicking on the [x].

3.Now you can run TomTom's "Home" utility program.

If you don't have it installed on your computer already, normally, you can use "Home 2". Download it from HERE, using the large blue download buttons (Windows on the left, or Mac on the right).
But as the Go910 is quite old, it may need to be updated using the original "mark 1" version of Home as far as it can be, and then connected to Home 2 to continue updating

If you need to, you can download the v1.6 version of Home from the same page, but using the SMALLER links BELOW the main blue buttons.

4. Once Home is installed and running, it should automatically check for updates and prompt you to install them, if not:-
2. Click on 'Update my device'...( or 'Install to TomTom' in Home v1).
3. Select the Application update.
4. Allow it to install
5. use the 'Disconnect Device' button in Home (bottom right), then turn off your device when it is done installing and disconnect it from your computer.

Ask a Question