No Voice Directions At Times

TomTom Model(s)
TT630
I have a newly discovered problem with my 910. After entering a navigate to point sometimes the voice (text to speech) works and sometimes not. This was working perfectly before the installing the latest software version.
Any suggestions would be appreciated-thanks

Thanks...that did do the trick. I had just tried rebooting before. I did notice now that on some navigates Kate will start directions immediately after entering done and on others I have to start driving before she talks. But all is well overall.

Glad to be of help.

I noticed that too. My observation is that it does it only on short routes.

How come you're using Kate (British English) instead of Susan (US English)? I switched to Kate because I could hardly understand Susan trying to say German street names.:D

We prefer Kate because of the softer British accent. We've travel in Europe(Germany France Belgium Austria Switzerland UK) using Kate and it reminds of our travels. Actually we refer to the unit as Kate as if she is another member of our family. In fact there have been some lively discussions with her regarding her logic at times. Like when I go out I say I'm taking Kate for spin or my wife will take Kate along for company. And she does a fine job pronouncing US streets.

Nope....just like rebooting a computer...and there are no stupid questions here, we're all learning too.

Ask a Question