TomTom Android How To Turn Off Voice Directions

TomTom Model(s)
Android
Hi all, I thought this would be simple, but it seems not. How do I turn off voice guidance in TomTom for Android?

It also seems it not possible for me to add my own custom POIs, is that correct?

Thanks,

Anders.

Tap the gears on the lower left, and then on the pop-up menu tap the lips to shut off voice guidance.

Custom POI is not formally supported, but you can add the .ov2 and .bmp files to the map folders (just like on Tomtom PNDs) and they will work. You can't edit them on-device, nor can you set proximity alerts, since there is no formal support for them.

Tap the gears on the lower left, and then on the pop-up menu tap the lips to shut off voice guidance.

Custom POI is not formally supported, but you can add the .ov2 and .bmp files to the map folders (just like on Tomtom PNDs) and they will work. You can't edit them on-device, nor can you set proximity alerts, since there is no formal support for them.
Thank-you so much! :thumb: I didn't notice that little cog before on the map screen. Bit of an odd UI design, two different settings menus, in different locations, but with basically the same icon.

Shame about the custom POI alerts, but useful to know.

Ask a Question