voice directions

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom xxl
I am new to forum and i own tomtom xxl.I find the unit works extremely well, however when giving directions the unit is apparently seeing every slight turn in the road and instead of knowing how far to your next turn and getting a feel for how long till turn, it tells you how far to next slight turn in the road. I find this extremely annoying and am thinking of going back to magellan which may not be as accurate, but gave just enough information. Am i missing something in the setup or just the way it is???
appreciate any help

Get in the habit of looking at the status bar now and then. There will be an indication of the next true turn in miles and the direction of the turn with an arrow.

I think that's just the way it is.

I do notice on a side by side test, that the new "Nav3" TomToms give fewer "keep right" (in the UK) messages when you are continuing straight on, on motorways. So maybe you're not the first to complain.

But on the other hand, they DON'T tell you in advance which exit to take from a roundabout when you DO take the exit, which I hate.

Guess you can't please everyone all the time.

@Andy
Or "keep left" announcements here where we drive on the 'proper' side of the road. It's VASTLY reduced on my GO1535 from what it was on my older devices. They evidently did listen.

Ask a Question