GO 740 LIVE - LMG Problems

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 740 LIVE
My current map version is 825 and LMG would not let me upgrade. I called TomTom support and provided a receipt. I called support back and they told me there were problems with 830 and the GO 740... they told me I couldn't upgrade... anyone hear of this problem????

Jon

I'm using 830.2284 and haven't seen anything I would consider a map-induced problem. Did they give you any other details. Sounds suspicious, and the first mention I've seen anywhere. Does the map show as available for purchase for your 740?

I'm using 830.2284 and haven't seen anything I would consider a map-induced problem. Did they give you any other details. Sounds suspicious, and the first mention I've seen anywhere. Does the map show as available for purchase for your 740?

The first guy just told me to send proof-of-purchase. after doing that, I called back and the second guy told me that there is a "known problem" and they will honor the LMG on the next map version.

I am OK with this, so as long as they truly honor this and don't give me any.... um crap!

To answer your other question, I can choose to PURCHASE this map.... which leads me to believe this is fishy.

Jon

There's a problem with the maps in the 140/340 models (they're too big).

Perhaps the second rep was confusing your 740 with a 140 in their notes.

Try calling again and see if a different rep gets you the LMG map.

Then again - if you can get an email documenting the conversation, you'd get map 835 with your LMG under their email rather than map 830 now. Not a bad deal as long as you have some paper trail from them.

There's a problem with the maps in the 140/340 models (they're too big).

Perhaps the second rep was confusing your 740 with a 140 in their notes.

Try calling again and see if a different rep gets you the LMG map.

Then again - if you can get an email documenting the conversation, you'd get map 835 with your LMG under their email rather than map 830 now. Not a bad deal as long as you have some paper trail from them.

I called back today and had NO PROBLEMS at all. I told the lady what they guy told me yesterday and she was confused, apologized and immediately updated my map. She did, also confirm your theory that it is on the 340 and the rep may have just been mistakenly confused.

Thanks everyone...

Jon

Gator, what App Version are you running on your 740? I see that there is a version 3.351, but mine doesn't download it from home... I am still at 8.312

Thanks,
Jon

Gator, what App Version are you running on your 740? I see that there is a version 3.351, but mine doesn't download it from home... I am still at 8.312

Thanks,
Jon
I believe there's still a hold on 8.351 in the US for the 740 due to problems with compatibility with our traffic reporting system.

I believe there's still a hold on 8.351 in the US for the 740 due to problems with compatibility with our traffic reporting system.

Correct. There has been no application update for the US 740 since release. It's still on 8.312

Thanks Guys... appreciate the response. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing out on something and needed to light another fire under TomTom.

Jon

Ask a Question