Go 720 dead

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I have an 18 month old GO 720 that just wont start. Yes I have tried all the usual things to try getting it started. Reset wont work. Power switch wont switch on have put it on charger for 2 days and still nothing although the green light is on during this. When trying to start it the green light does not come on. The on button has pressure against it when i try it. The reset button has pressure when i press it too. Was working perfectly then was left under the seat in my daughter's car have had some hot days but nothing over 33 degrees C. I have had the back cover off the unit and all was plugged in correctly nothing appears broken or melted. If any one has an idea or suggestion that I could try i would appreciate it.

1. Charge overnight

2. Take apart again and put a meter to the battery. Is voltage measuring anywhere near 3.8V ?

3. If voltage is VERY low -buy replacement battery- If voltage is near 3.8V's -prolly gonna need a repair-

Ask a Question