Brain dead 720

TomTom Model(s)
Went to upgrade my720 to version 7.481 which failed 1st at file libqec.so and then again at file ttsystem. No backup, did the windows fix and repair (failed), flashed unit now stuck with a whole bunch of empty hard drive that won't upgrade past ttsystem. Did copy all files from 720 to computer after second upgrade attempt. Any ideas how to get this working again?

Did you manage to copy the North_America_2GB folder with files in it to the computer?

If so, try formatting the unit (not quickformat), then go here and download 7.481 again. Install it again and copy back the map folder.

If that works, then consider upgrading the application and, I expect, you might want to purchase the newest map.

Thanks for the info although I found my problem this morning. It was a bad USB cable. I tried another cable this morning and it updated quite fine. I will be taking it on a test drive later today.

Ask a Question