Dead/dying GO 720 screen

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
I powered on my 720 a couple of days ago and the screen was blank. I tried this repeatedly and finally pressed the reset button. Then when I tried to power the device on, it made the drum sound and the screen came back, but it was so faint it was barely legible. It was able to find a GPS signal, it responds to my input correctly, works with my phone over bluetooth, etc. Basically, it works perfectly, except I can barely read the screen. I have checked all the settings (especially the brightness settings), but nothing has an effect on the screen brightness. Every so often, the screen will flicker back to full brightness for a split second, but that's about it. I've had the unit for a long time and at this point, I'm willing to try buying a replacement screen on ebay and changing it myself, if I can find some directions. I looked around on this site but couldn't turn up any. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Matt

Ask a Question