frozen on start screen

TomTom Model(s)
xl-s
I was attempting to use a SD card in XL-S, after inserting card in slot, screen showing red X on screen turned off. then back on w/o card. Then turned on again w/ card screen locked/froze . Will not turn off. have tried reset does not effect it. Evidently computer does not recognize it in drive. Support sent application that does not get to TT in USB. Any suggestions?

Basically, it says this:
-------------------------------------------------------
Device not recognised by computer
Your device does not appear in My Computer (Windows) or on the desktop (Macintosh).

Select your operating system:

Windows XP

In Windows, try the following:

Make sure you have the latest Service Pack for Windows installed.

Make sure you are logged in as an 'Administrator' to ensure that you have sufficient rights to connect new hardware to your computer.

Make sure your device is listed as a Removable drive under My Computer. If it is not listed, you should enable your device in the Device Manager.

Enabling a device in the device manager
To enable your TomTom device in the device manager, do the following:

Go to Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System.

Select the Hardware tab .

Press Device Manager.

The Device Manager window opens.

In the Device Manager window, expand Disk drives by clicking the plus sign .

If your TomTom device is listed with a red cross, right-click on it and select Enable.

Your TomTom device should now be listed as a Removable drive under My Computer.

If your device is still not listed under My Computer, contact our customer support department for further assistance.

Ask a Question